Bengrim's Darth Vader reveal project

Update !! :lol
Ive been very busy at work so I've not had to much time to do anything on my reveal, but today was a very quiet day so I've had a little play I've had a go at making these don't know what you would call them if you know please tell me :thumbsup
IMG_0545.JPGIMG_0548.JPG
I made one from aluminium at first but just not happy with it, I think the material was a little thick
image.jpg
and the loop over the top was a bit to short, I made another and tried to shave the thickness down but that went by by.
so I resorted back to my 1.2mm steel and cut / filed / bent a fresh piece and added the backing plate as you see in the picture below and I've also made the loop over a little longer
image.jpg
As you can see the backing plate has another little plate underneath it and has bent/curved edges as you can see on the pic with the green arrows pointing them out
IMG_0549.JPG
Going to give it a coat of primer shortly pic to follow and if it looks ok then I will make another tomorrow

Last edited:
My dear wife found me a piece of fabric for the inside of my mask yesterday, can't seem to find the correct material anywhere been to boot sales, charity shops heck I've even asked my very old and I mean my very old customers ( they keep there old stuff ) if they have any old suits/clothes that migh resemble what I'm looking for, it will have to do for the time being until something closer is found
Anybody got any ideas ?
IMG_5270.JPG
Original below i have zoomed in more so I can see the pattern it's more a zig zag than a herringbone pattern, but it's not that noticeable with the naked eye.
IMG_4641.PNG
Just reviewed my post and I can't even tell the pattern of my material sorry for the pic quality

Wow great stuff that you made!
About the fabric:Its a lot darker in real because the pics are made with heavy flashlights.This is a big problem with most of the pics from the revealmask.
Do you have a lasercopy of this part?It should be made of very,very thin sheet.My vovoder is near finish..but without this part I cannot glue it in the mask.

27367836kw.jpg

About the fabric:Its a lot darker in real because the pics are made with heavy flashlights.This is a big problem with most of the pics from the revealmask.
Do you have a lasercopy of this part?It should be made of very,very thin sheet.My vovoder is near finish..but without this part I cannot glue it in the mask.

http://up.picr.de/27367836kw.jpg
hi buddy nice to hear from you again
it's funny you should ask about this part, as I'm in the process of drawing this up and making a mould, as im going to make some from melted aluminium. With work being so busy I'm not finding enough time to get it done as quickly as I imagined if you have any dimensions you could PM me with to save me some time I could get something started sooner than later and if they work out ok I will send you some :D

Had some bits back from my " laser cousin " 2 lower crown pieces and enough pieces for a pair of side linkages, not 100% happy with them so they need a little tweaking then I shall knock together another pair
IMG_5271.JPG

hi buddy nice to hear from you again
it's funny you should ask about this part, as I'm in the process of drawing this up and making a mould, as im going to make some from melted aluminium. With work being so busy I'm not finding enough time to get it done as quickly as I imagined if you have any dimensions you could PM me with to save me some time I could get something started sooner than later and if they work out ok I will send you some :D

PM sent.:D

Scratch built a jaw key from aluminium just need to refine it give it a good polishing up then make 4 more, when I've got all 5 I'm going to cast them into a silicone mould, smelt some aluminium and try to recast them.
IMG_5392.PNG
MAKE 4 more !!!!! I don't think so, I will just cast this 5 times, what was I thinking

http://up.picr.de/27367836kw.jpg
Going to try and have a go at the very very thin piece that sits on top of the vocoder tomorrow, going to cut a template first

Scaled this drawing up today 3 times bigger to make is easier to draw then I will reduce it back to the correct size on the printer, printed on sticking paper so I can stick it straight onto my thin plastic for cutting out as a template for my aluminium mould
IMG_5394.JPG

Looks great.
Well mark you've certainly set me a task
printed it to scale on sticky paper and placed it on 0.5 mm plastic and started to cut it out with a scalpel !!! But it's just a little harder than I imagined
This one is now classed as a fail and I'm going to try and cut it out of something a little more sturdy may be Very soft aluminium sheet, plastic is a little to soft and can't get the little blobs correct near the ends
image.jpg
But I will not be beaten

Wow that looks awesome.Is it not possible to laser the master out?This fine arms are really a nightmare to cut with hand!
And how do you print out with the right scale?What programm do you use for that?

Wow that looks awesome.Is it not possible to laser the master out?This fine arms are really a nightmare to cut with hand!
And how do you print out with the right scale?What programm do you use for that?
Can't laser cut as my laser cousin explained the fine lines would probably burn with the heat with his works laser
I got it to scale by drawing it 3 times bigger then reducing the size by 33% on my printer
spoke to a RPF member tonight and he gave me another option I'm going to explore over the next few days sounds very promising if the costs are acceptable I'm going down that route
and I will probably get a few made for other builders to keep the costs down
i will keep you informed

Ben

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back