Batsuit From Arkham Origins

Update:

Start to put a magnets into a back panels. First İ made a slice cut for magnets place.

IMG_0332.JPGIMG_0333.JPGIMG_0334.JPG

Then put magnets:

IMG_0335.JPG

And here is the result:

IMG_0337.JPG

Video:

Last edited by a moderator:
Update:

Biceps and triceps parts.

IMG_0358.JPGIMG_0357.JPGIMG_0356.JPG

And I need a suggestion. My upper arms not so much muscular. And this parts not fit perfcetly. What can I do that for this problem. Putting some soft foam inside of them maybe solve the problem. But if anybody have any suggestion for this, please share with me.

So far this is looking awesome! I think the idea you had is probably the best way to go. What do you use to clean up the foam edges, is it wall spackle or something else?

Update:

Right Gauntlet:

I don't know what I'm doing wrong but it doesn't look fine for me. This is second time I try to do that. First I cut the foam, then heat shaped and at last glue them together. Any suggestion?

IMG_0360.JPGIMG_0359.JPGIMG_0361.JPGIMG_0362.JPG

I think it looks pretty good, but i had to look at the file and cut the two pieces foam at an angle, theres a guide here on therpf that explains it better, but like i said, your stuff looks pretty good already.

I think it looks pretty good, but i had to look at the file and cut the two pieces foam at an angle, theres a guide here on therpf that explains it better, but like i said, your stuff looks pretty good already.

I already try it. I'll upload photos soon but I think I don't like it this time too. Maybe I do the wrong angle cuts, I don't know. When I upload photos you'll see.

One thing I'd recommend to try and get the cuts a little cleaner is running a heat gun over the foam before cutting the pieces instead of heating it after cutting or after gluing. And if I do heat the foam after it's glued together, then I only do it on the inside of the foam so that I can change a curve or shape without affecting the seams.

Also make sure to keep your knife sharp so your cuts stay clean and crisp, or get foam that's a little more firm and it'll be less likely to catch on the knife and tear while cutting detailed shapes.

Good luck!

I think I solve the problem and I like them much more with this way. Problem come from the parts I've marked. They are not symmetrical in the templates.
notsmy.jpg

Then I play with their shapes a little and make them symmetrical. Here is the result:

IMG_0408.JPGIMG_0407.JPGIMG_0406.JPGIMG_0405.JPGIMG_0404.JPGIMG_0403.JPGIMG_0402.JPGIMG_0401.JPGIMG_0409.JPG

Maybe there is no major changes but this way looks better I think. Now time for the sharp looking blades.

Update about gauntlets. Gauntlets not looks bulky like in a reference picture. So I decided to make a bottom parts. These are made by me from free hand. Here is the result.

batman_arkham_origins.jpg
20170115_232150.jpg20170115_232153.jpg20170115_232200.jpg20170115_232209.jpg20170115_232219.jpg

And any suggestion about sharp blades? What ever I try I didn't like how they looks.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back