Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

Been following this thread for a while, I didn't know you were in FL too I'm not too far from Orlando! I've had no luck getting a Nighthawk so I'm gonna try to use a Kawasaki KZ750 (I'm crunched for time and need a ride, for $900 it seems like a steal) By any chance did you friend give an estimate for the seat? Just wondering in case I can't find anything nearby

Also I can't seem to find the old version of the garage door parts anywhere, do you know of any sites that may still sell them?

Hey nladyman, maybe you could see to switch your KZ750 for a nighthawk...? That's what I did. I switched my 2005 Kawasaki Z750 with a 1996 nighthawk :thumbsup

Hey nladyman, maybe you could see to switch your KZ750 for a nighthawk...? That's what I did. I switched my 2005 Kawasaki Z750 with a 1996 nighthawk :thumbsup
Unfortunately not. I've been searching for months and there hasn't been anything available in my area in a reasonable price range; any running nighthawk usually goes for $2000 and up and it's at least 50 miles away from where I live. I've been wanting a Nighthawk for so long but as I mentioned nothing's been available to me

Unfortunately not. I've been searching for months and there hasn't been anything available in my area in a reasonable price range; any running nighthawk usually goes for $2000 and up and it's at least 50 miles away from where I live. I've been wanting a Nighthawk for so long but as I mentioned nothing's been available to me
Ohhh what a shame... but the stock bike you're going to use is very nice too... Could you post some pics?

Ohhh what a shame... but the stock bike you're going to use is very nice too... Could you post some pics?
Sure, here's what I pulled from the CL post. Haven't bought it yet but if all runs well and in good condition, I will def purchase. Looking to repaint the tank a nice silver color, add a brown brat seat similar to Daryl's, and change the exhaust to the OEM KZ750 exhaust if I can find it local/online. Any other changes will be made down the line, hopefully this can help me with getting around so I can get a second job and save up for Uni next fall :)

00I0I_hGJX4WqYuBt_600x450.jpg

00101_h7kOUeNflkQ_600x450.jpg

Attachments

• 00I0I_hGJX4WqYuBt_600x450.jpg
    00I0I_hGJX4WqYuBt_600x450.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 125
Sure, here's what I pulled from the CL post. Haven't bought it yet but if all runs well and in good condition, I will def purchase. Looking to repaint the tank a nice silver color, add a brown brat seat similar to Daryl's, and change the exhaust to the OEM KZ750 exhaust if I can find it local/online. Any other changes will be made down the line, hopefully this can help me with getting around so I can get a second job and save up for Uni next fall :)

https://images.craigslist.org/00I0I_hGJX4WqYuBt_600x450.jpg

https://images.craigslist.org/00101_h7kOUeNflkQ_600x450.jpg

Nice one !
But for the tank, why don't remove existing paint with aircraft stripper? After that, a few sanding et clear coat... Better than paint, looks more badass...

So fun times with insurance. About a month ago, I set up a policy with Progressive to insure the bike for $20,000, since that is what it would cost to walk into Classified for a level 2 build. I paid my premium, they came out to take pictures and all was well....until yesterday. I received a cancellation notice in the mail, stating that the coverage amount was too high for the bike. Even though their site specifically says up to $50k in agreed upon value custom motorcycle insurance. Unfortunately the underwriters will only cover the bike for up to $4k, even though it was specifically stated it is a replica bike and that Classified charges that much to build one.

So now I am on the hunt again for an insurance company that will insure my bike for the value I set. I talked to someone at Hagerty yesterday and they indicated they may do it, I just needed to submit an application online, which was denied this morning.... Progressive denied my submission as well. Heacock denied it too....So Im back at square one.

Any suggestions for a company that will insure a replica vehicle?

So fun times with insurance. About a month ago, I set up a policy with Progressive to insure the bike for $20,000, since that is what it would cost to walk into Classified for a level 2 build. I paid my premium, they came out to take pictures and all was well....until yesterday. I received a cancellation notice in the mail, stating that the coverage amount was too high for the bike. Even though their site specifically says up to $50k in agreed upon value custom motorcycle insurance. Unfortunately the underwriters will only cover the bike for up to $4k, even though it was specifically stated it is a replica bike and that Classified charges that much to build one.

So now I am on the hunt again for an insurance company that will insure my bike for the value I set. I talked to someone at Hagerty yesterday and they indicated they may do it, I just needed to submit an application online, which was denied this morning.... Progressive denied my submission as well. Heacock denied it too....So Im back at square one.

Any suggestions for a company that will insure a replica vehicle?

oh... bad to heard... Don't know at all in USA wich one could insure your bike for the real value...
In France, it's the same, so I insured it like a basic 1996 nighthawk and the problem is that if they know that I cuted the frame they will definitly ban me from the compagny...

Nice one !
But for the tank, why don't remove existing paint with aircraft stripper? After that, a few sanding et clear coat... Better than paint, looks more badass...
Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the bike already got sold :):):) I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to finding a motorcycle lmao

Last edited:
Edit: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaand the bike already got sold :):):) I swear I have the worst luck when it comes to finding a motorcycle lmao
There is a mint looking 92 over in Orlando for under 3k on CL. I know it's a little more than you wanted but you could at least shoot an offer.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

There is a mint looking 92 over in Orlando for under 3k on CL. I know it's a little more than you wanted but you could at least shoot an offer.

I had the same problem when I was looking for the first nighthawk I found, It just has been sold few hours before my call!!!!

nstevic01does your tank move when you push on it (left, right)? I don't see how to fix it correctly.... It moves...

I had the same problem when I was looking for the first nighthawk I found, It just has been sold few hours before my call!!!!

nstevic01does your tank move when you push on it (left, right)? I don't see how to fix it correctly.... It moves...
Zero movement. When I made the cup mounts, I made sure they were snug with the rubber isolators on the inner side of the tank.

Zero movement. When I made the cup mounts, I made sure they were snug with the rubber isolators on the inner side of the tank.

Ok thank you, I have to made the cup mount again...
Could you snap a pic of them, and one with the rubber in the inner side of the tank please???

I don't have any shots of the rubber mounts on the tank, they are the stock ones that came with the XS650 tank itself. I would have to disconnect fuel lines and such to snap a photo.

Here are the cups on the frame

tRWbA1TbGwW7ZfT9R0JTArRzVj16bYFnn7YLuAxnLnLABj4sMhyoiCmN5jMRwyvxw-pOriTUs-3Mljd5VDLI1VwI5xIVs3bPSGhypmLTqtujVclCRiSg8yt0KW-PFXk_XFP0Dj9StPE

It's tough to get a shot of the tank mounted and the cups, this is the closes I could get.

Ba8sVjl6N6ZYDEs-tSg6WCfcbBfInb1v4cZvlsRBS0gETUnPJjdavarS3HRzxV2bsgf4dwxskAhUI47dftvq4shY7iBY_jsbCLSYe7UuPFrHDINi_CuxVJH77sPATg8kiRvMQgj6Eaw

I don't have any shots of the rubber mounts on the tank, they are the stock ones that came with the XS650 tank itself. I would have to disconnect fuel lines and such to snap a photo.

Here are the cups on the frame

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/t...bPSGhypmLTqtujVclCRiSg8yt0KW-PFXk_XFP0Dj9StPE

It's tough to get a shot of the tank mounted and the cups, this is the closes I could get.

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/B...sbCLSYe7UuPFrHDINi_CuxVJH77sPATg8kiRvMQgj6Eaw

Thank you for the pics nstevic01, I already have this pic with the cup mount, you shared it on this thread. My tank came from pensylvania without rubber... I have to find a solution... Did your friend began to make the seat?

Thank you for the pics nstevic01, I already have this pic with the cup mount, you shared it on this thread. My tank came from pensylvania without rubber... I have to find a solution... Did your friend began to make the seat?

The rubber for the tank are these guys. https://www.mikesxs.net/yamaha-xs65...-rubber-ea-oem-3tb-24181-00-156-24181-00.html

I had to trim them to fit the width between the tank and frame, but they work great.

My guy did make the seat, it needs some adjustment though. I will have to carve the foam under it to get the shape to match.

Hey guys...I'm looking to sell the parts I gathered for the build.

All parts have been sourced to very detailed specs and much help provided by nstevic01 and have been gathered over the course of close to two years and are brand new.
Cheers~

Very sad post to see. What happened with the build?

Shoot me a picture of the brass mesh you have, I may be interested.

Just a heads up, mods may or may not pull your post as all sale items need to be in the Junkyard section.

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back