Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

So I got some pretty cool news from John over the weekend! I went to a local brewery for an even they had. Finally got to show off the bike to the classified guys! So John told me he was thinking of having a contest through amc for all the replica bikes that have been made. I'm not sure if it's set in stone or anything but he mentioned it. Just giving you guys a heads up so you can keep an eye out for it. 20171021_171337.jpg20171021_180736.jpg20171021_180801.jpg20171021_180742.jpg20171021_180725.jpg20171021_180754.jpg20171021_171555.jpg

If that isn't motivation to get my bike finished, I don't know what is. Still gotta get the seat made, the bag made, exhaust caps, and dying the grips and crossbow mounts.

Hey everyone, I just have rust my tank and I'm not satisfy with the pumpkin orange colour... how did you do to get this darker red rust colour? 20171110_151818.jpg

Mars0uille, the desired effect for the tank is achieved using a combination of Iron Oxide Powder, Vinegar, Hydrogen Peroxide, steel wool and a heat gun. Not a bad first attempt though. I went through about 3 applications before getting the right pattern.

Got the crossbow mounted, FINALLY.

20171113_150534.jpg

Also figured out the hockey tape situation. John did in fact, not use white hockey tape that was dyed. It was black hockey tape that was wiped with bleach and hit with a heat gun. I tried a few different concentrations of bleach and water. The far left sample ended up being what I went with.

20171113_150511.jpg

20171113_151207.jpg

20171113_154537.jpg

nstevic01 thank you, I forger the iron oxide powder, that's why it is not enough red... I will try again! Great job with the crossbow mount and the trick with the blk hockey tape! But what a pity, I used to use white one for playing ice hockey ... Keep it up, you will finish soon! The winter is already here for me and it's so cold in my garage ahah don't want to stay hours in there... I will start welding job soon, I'm going to order my Mig welding machine!

For everyone on this thread. Given the whole Photobucket debacle, what image hosting alternatives do you guys use? I was paying for the Plus 20 plan, but they informed me that it has been discontinued and I have to purchase the $400 a year package to not have anything break. I have about a month left before all of my images in my threads die and I need to begin the long process of re-linking everything. I found a chrome extension that allowed me to download all of my albums vs. one picture at a time. I just need to find a new host now. Any suggestions?

nstevic01 did you put somme rubber between your flat metal pieces to fix the tank? I heared we have to do it in order to prevent the gas to fizz...

20171203_173203.png

Indeed I did, the bike in the show has it too. It is just some 5/32" vac line sliced open on one side and run down each side of the tank behind the petcocks. I'll snap a picture when I get home.

Yes that is why I was planning to put rubber here, tank you!
What about your seat???

Actually getting it made tomorrow. Driving the bike out to my friend in Orlando who is going to take care of it for me. Might be able to convince him to make the bag too.

Actually getting it made tomorrow. Driving the bike out to my friend in Orlando who is going to take care of it for me. Might be able to convince him to make the bag too.
Been following this thread for a while, I didn't know you were in FL too I'm not too far from Orlando! I've had no luck getting a Nighthawk so I'm gonna try to use a Kawasaki KZ750 (I'm crunched for time and need a ride, for $900 it seems like a steal) By any chance did you friend give an estimate for the seat? Just wondering in case I can't find anything nearby

Also I can't seem to find the old version of the garage door parts anywhere, do you know of any sites that may still sell them?

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back