Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

They run $375. Not sure if he ships internationally though. Visit his page and send him an email to find out.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

nstevic01, what size are the two rings in the front grill?

- - - Updated - - -

Sended him a mail just now! Thanks!

nstevic01, what size are the two rings in the front grill?

- - - Updated - - -

Sended him a mail just now! Thanks!
They are called machine bushings. I ended up getting a couple of each size at Rural King and picking the ones that looked best. The larger one is 1-1/4 x 1-7/8. The smaller one is 1 x 1-1/2.

I just finished my version of the bike, thank you for all the tips nstevic01!

image1.JPGimage2.JPG

Couple of questions guys, what's the best way to get the engine back in the bike without scratching the frame etc, also what do you think would be a good match for front and rear mudguards? As always your help is much appreciated thanks

Front guard is a 82 yamaha sv920r, an the rear has to be custom made out of sheet metal. Rear wasn't too hateful to make. As for the engine just lay it on its side, then lay the bike frame over it and bolt it in.

Thats how i did it. Layed the motor on its side and dropped the frame down on top of it.

For those of you who have completed your bikes. Which insurance company did you end up going with? I tried adding to my State Farm policy but they refused to insure it for an agreed upon value, they just wanted to insure it as a 92 Nighthawk for like $2k. I need an insurance company that will insure it for a value I set.

I do know that there are special insurances just for this sort of thing because I've seen them before. I do know that allstate, progressive, and nationwide offer somekind of custom motorcycle imsurance.

- - - Updated - - -

20170501_183910.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Got my seat back today. Looks pretty good do the most part. Only mistake was the guy didn't put in the stitching for the rear on the right side, so I guess I'll tackle that on my own.

- - - Updated - - -

20170501_174219.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

20170501_174230.jpg

Seat looks damn good. Where did you get it done and how much? Did they need the bike to get the contour of the tank on the front of the seat?

I just took him the pan and foam already shaped, with a bunch of pics. His name is John page at pages upholstery in Richmond. He is actually good friends with Joe bairds dad. Super nice guy to talk to. Everything was done for $150.

Last edited:
81rQsyfC87L._SY679_.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

You asked before about dye for the hockey tape. Well this is what i used. Got it from Joanns. I painted it on, let it dry, the scrubbed them with a towel and alcohol. They have a very nice worn look to them. I also bought the seat vinyl from Joanns, and have a good bit left over.

yay some updates! mustangmike you work fast! your bike looks sweet!

dang nathan! if it wasn't for you i'd never seen that patch on the left side of the tank! it isn't obvious at all in the pictures ive seen...
did you have to manually cut a piece out and weld it back to the tank?

I was able to identify the S-Biners that are used to hold the bag to the frame.

bag%20clip.png

20170514_103441.jpg

They are made by Nite Ize, size .5. Now they are sold two ways, either in a two pack for around $20. OR you can pick them up as part of a key chain set for about $7 that includes 6 of them. Not sure who came up with the prices on those. You will need a total of 8 s-biners. Part numbers are in the pictures.

20170514_103421.jpg

20170514_103412.jpg

Also, got the XV920R front fender in, just need to cut it up and get it mounted.

48b4c776-bc24-41f6-8ef6-dfb8851b8f9e.jpg

Hey guys, I need a little help please. The engine has two black wires coming off it. One attached to the casing, the other from starter motor. I thought they both went to the battery but the hole is too small for the battery terminal bolt on the starter motor wire. Where should they go please ?

Hey guys, I need a little help please. The engine has two black wires coming off it. One attached to the casing, the other from starter motor. I thought they both went to the battery but the hole is too small for the battery terminal bolt on the starter motor wire. Where should they go please ?

I believe both of those ground wires get attached to the frame. I'll snap some pics when I get back home.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back