Walking Dead - Daryl Dixon's New Bike Replica Build

Second that with Seth. They run $375 shipped in the states if anyone else was wondering. They arrive pretty quick and are a work of art in of themselves.

Second that with Seth. They run $375 shipped in the states if anyone else was wondering. They arrive pretty quick and are a work of art in of themselves.

And can you open the box for replace airfilter of is it whitout filter. I see there was open air intakes whitout filter for motorcycle but i want one with a filter

Indeed it can.

20170111_134853.jpg

Few more updates.

Although I'm not 100% happy with the color match on the clutch cover. There are only so many times you can paint it over and over until enough is enough. So I will call this good enough for the time being. I will most likely order another cover to continue trying new colors until its right. So in the mean time, I will run it with this one.

20170130_200402.jpg

20170215_215509.jpg

As for the wheels, the plastidip did not hold up well at all. It bubbled in many places, so I just tore it off. I bit the bullet and took it to a pro and had them powder coated. Not only was he quick, they came out amazing.

20170215_194624.jpg

20170215_194628.jpg

I got my LED turn signals mounted. Had to make custom brackets for the fronts, and mounted them to the license plate for the rears.

20170301_095426.jpg

20170301_095439.jpg

20170216_061849.jpg

In order for the LEDs to function, you will need to replace the turn signal relay with this one. You can find them on eBay for about $10 shipped. It just plugs into the stock location, no wire modification needed.

20170216_061909.jpg

I am very, very close to getting it ready for the first start. Just need to torque down the engine covers, change the oil, and mount the tank. Cut, wrap and out the exhaust. Then I can turn the key.

Thanks for all the info so far guys, I'm a long way off finishing my build, still aquiring parts and some missing documents for the bike, but slow progress is progress all the same. Will update with some pictures soon with a bit of luck. Anyone able to tell me what model of the shorai battery I should be using, I was about to order the LFX14A1-BS12, but thought id check on here first. Cheers lads

Great build! Is it ready to show?

Not just yet. Next up will be balancing the wheels and mounting them with the swing arm, chain, and rear brakes. Still have to bleed the front brakes, do an oil change, finish the tank, seat and crossbow rack. Just aren't enough hours in the day between work and family. I'm hoping to have it completely ready for show by the fall. Ideally when a con rolls around that has Norman attending.

Hey guys! Great job so far. I'm building one as well, would post a picture if I could figure out how to lol. Has anyone figured out the brass mesh on the tailpipe yet? I sent a pic to a company that specializes in mesh, and they said they cannot tell the size and are not even sure if that is what it was. I'd appreciate and suggestions.

Also I live close by classified. I actually got to meet John and a few of his techs when I went by to pick up my stem swap and upper tree. I didn't find out that for the exhaust baffles the used the baffles out of a Vance and Hines they had laying around the shop. Just cut it down and made an insert. If there's any other thing I can help with I'd be happy too!

Hey guys! Great job so far. I'm building one as well, would post a picture if I could figure out how to lol. Has anyone figured out the brass mesh on the tailpipe yet? I sent a pic to a company that specializes in mesh, and they said they cannot tell the size and are not even sure if that is what it was. I'd appreciate and suggestions.

If I had to guess, it is the same brass mesh that is used on the engine covers and behind the "3 hole" plate on the clutch cover. When I do my exhaust, I'll post some pics.

Also I live close by classified. I actually got to meet John and a few of his techs when I went by to pick up my stem swap and upper tree. I didn't find out that for the exhaust baffles the used the baffles out of a Vance and Hines they had laying around the shop. Just cut it down and made an insert. If there's any other thing I can help with I'd be happy too!

I have a wish list of unanswered stuff, John stopped replying to me once my stem swap was done. I know he is a busy man.

- What color dye was used on the leather seat. I know Roy Baird does the seat but John may know.
- What color dye was used on the hockey tape that wraps the handle bars. The brown tape that is sold is a completely different shade so Im assuming they dyed white tape.
- What fender was cut up for the front. My best guess is that it is a steel version of the Nighthawks.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back