T-16 Skyhopper

moffeaton

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
Not a kit, I'm not kitting it, just a scratch build. You can't kit this anyway - it's just slab sided stuff and styrene!

I laser cut all the parts with panel lines engraved. Taken from direct measurements of the original prop in the archives. Nailed with the massive help of Ed and Craig. Will be built/finished but not painted for WF in a few weeks! I started on the back today - I have been waiting three years to glue that tape reel down, and you can see how happy that makes me, lol!

P5090017.jpgP5090018.jpgIMG_9263.jpg

Thanks, all! Yeah, but it is the least goofy of the Cantwell models.

And it doubles as a prop!

Mars, you made me literally laugh out loud.

Holy crap, that is beautiful! Any chance you have an extra tape reel for molding/casting?

This is on my build list, so it's nice to see a build I can study. Thanks for sharing!

Joe

Get with the times old man!!!
It's lol!!!!
I'm told by my 9 year old daughter
Anyways in all seriousness when is the kit coming ?;)

And joe how many projects do you have ......unstarted ?

Lol (laugh out loud)
Mars

LAUGH OUT LOUD, mars!!!! Hehe, lol. I have three SS projects started. This ship is not even in the planning phases yet, I should have said to-do list. I have only been IDing the parts. Hooooowever, I can't work on anything at the moment since I am away in South Korea until October.

Last edited:
I will be happy to laser cut parts for you guys, but it's a few months off - I need to wrap up a lot of work, but more importantly for this build, need to finish it to make sure it all works! It of course does, because Craig is a rock star with what he did in the computer, but even still, you make all sorts of weird discoveries once you start placing styrene (you all know how that can be!).

Joe, I mentioned the tape reels on the older Skyhopper ID thread - they are actually not that hard to find if you know which keywords to search for. I have found about 5 now for people, ranging from $8 to $25 for two. I've also taken a chance on a few that I thought were right and got burned, lol.

Nice job.

The studio scale intersect with 1:1 prop is pretty neat. I've never cared much for it, but it is growing on me. Put me down for a kit. ;)

What is the width of the tape reel? The modern one sitting on my desk is 3/4 inch, but your pictures having me thinking it may be thinner.

1/2" on the tape reel. Still making sure IDs are what we think they are. I spent $40 last week alone on wrong parts. I will help any one who wants to build this as soon as I finish this thing! Meantime, check the part ID thread here on the studio scale forum

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back