Jumanji Board - 3D Printed

I'll happily PM you the font if you want?
It was all done with text animation using the wiggly and range selectors. The only expressions used were "time*60" and the like to give the letters a bit of movement without having animated wiggles, because that made the motion look a little juddered, which is what I was trying to avoid at all costs.

That would be fantastic! Thanks:)
my batch just finished rendering this morning, started it last night. It's cool to see em all together.

Well it happened, the piece arrived! One of the original resin plates made for the Jumanji board!
I was incredibly lucky to be leant this by a private collector in trade so I could scan it and measure it up.
14257754_842078362589852_506138865620353988_o.jpg

One of the two resin plates cast up that never made it into a complete board, this makes it perfect for seeing and measuring detail that hasn't been covered by paint or damaged through use. I took some quick photos before scanning it in.
14224845_842106459253709_2617766426449376712_n.jpg14212653_842105005920521_8049812084102159864_n.jpg14233099_842106499253705_5846942089122796108_n.jpg

I am absolutely astounded by the quality that was put into this was carving. You can see here the "damage" and "wood cracks" that have been carved into the board, so the resin plate would have the same aged look on every prop. To make sure no matter what happened, the beautiful work would be preserved, the decision to scan it was made.

IMG_0905.JPGJumanjiScan.jpg
Here you can see me doing another pass of the letters in the middle to make sure I didn't miss anything. I was using the new EinScan-Pro by Shining 3D, a really awesome product! I wasn't even using the most HD form of scanning initially, and the results were mind blowing! You can see some of the detail preserved here on the rhino.
rhino.jpg

Here you can see a render of the final scan, the file size is about 7gb, and you can really see the detail pop! I'd use this image as a good reference if you're ever planning on sculpting one.
Jumanji_Render.png
And to compare it with the one I sculpted, here they are side-by-side. The main differences being some cleaner elements of mine, and me getting some of the depths of various elements wrong. I'm pretty happy with how the elephant and rhino turned out though, they are wonderfully close!
Jumanji_Compare_2.png

Edit: Better lighting for comparison:
Jumanji_Compare_3.jpg

Last edited:
It's certainly a big file!
I'm still not quite sure what to do with all of this, so for the moment I'm just going to keep podding on with my replica, then figure out what to do once it's done. Of course I now realise all of my plans are off by a few MM and that's just too much for me. So back to the drawing board to start all the design work again while I wait for my X-Carve to turn up!

Yep if I want it to be up to my level of accuracy! But it's mostly shifting, scaling, and re-processing assets I've already developed, so it shouldn't take too long.
There's just so much work going into this, and I want it to be as close to perfect as humanly possible. Which is the fun of it!

Can you PM me? My Jeep is being used for the New Jumanji Movie they are filming right now and I am trying to get ahold of a 3D file of the board game face I can carve with my CNC and get autographed by the cast when I meet them.

Can you PM me? My Jeep is being used for the New Jumanji Movie they are filming right now and I am trying to get ahold of a 3D file of the board game face I can carve with my CNC and get autographed by the cast when I meet them.

Are they filming in Hawaii?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I'm here until tomorrow would've been nice to check it out talk to me offline!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fantastic, Audrey2. Your render was very close to the scan of the original, there was some changes in the perspective of the model, specially on the hunter. I would like to have one of those Scans :D

Wow very lucky to be able to scan originals... I would of thought the originals would be hand carved in wood and not resin.
cant wait to see how this projects goes!

A question about those fabulous plans you made. In this screenshot, does the measurement 12 refer to the thickness of the piece of wood for the lid? (That the resin plate would be set into)
Screenshot_20170103-213616.png

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back