TFA Reys Star destroyer found part.

Take it easy man.

A word of warning to anyone wanting the screwdriver packaging....

I couldn't get to my local Poundland to see if they have this in stock, so I ordered one from eBay (there are LOADS of auctions and Buy It Nows for this style packaging if you search for "31 precision screwdriver"). This is what I ordered:

$_12.JPG

This is what turned up today:

DSCF5286.JPG

:cry

That was my fear. damn.

Careful though... A lot of Amazon ones even if they did come with the cylindrical top have the wrong number of fins (too many)

I ordered 2 off ebay and 2 off amazon. Ill update everyone

Update: the Amazon ones I ordered were the wrong ones. 10 fin but not from the link above.

20160512_174615.jpg

Last edited:
This is what's available in-store and online at Fry's Electronics in the U.S. for $10. It has too many Finns ;-) compared to screenshots earlier in this thread, but is good for an "in-universe" look.

http://www.frys.com/product/7949110

Your mileage may vary note: Fry's website shows a yellow-base set (transparent cover was not shown). The set on the shelves at my store was orange, as seen in my photo:

image_zpsfukppzxc.jpeg
[

My Amazon order should be here between Mon-Thurs. so won't know for sure about that Amazon link until then. The picture looks spot on, but know who's if that's what I'll receive

I'm excited to join in on this one, I finally managed to find a poundland big enough that stocks the Tommy Walsh screwdriver set. It took 5 different pound shops but I've just acquired several sets and I'll probably try test painting one over the weekend.

I also need to grab some freeze frames from the BD.

As for the very top of the device, someone suggested a wingnut.. But is it possible they simply modified the hanger 'tag' that's already there?

For those in the US on line you can also find them at Walmart and Sears $10-$20 range, not sure about the number of fins.
Google search have most coming from the UK, India and China.

I'm excited to join in on this one, I finally managed to find a poundland big enough that stocks the Tommy Walsh screwdriver set. It took 5 different pound shops but I've just acquired several sets and I'll probably try test painting one over the weekend.

I also need to grab some freeze frames from the BD.

As for the very top of the device, someone suggested a wingnut.. But is it possible they simply modified the hanger 'tag' that's already there?

Nope, it's too short and has a diffrent form.

It was rundown that said about the wingnut.

I've had an idea though, I think the top clip could be one of the included screwdriver bits.

Possibly mounted with use of the existing black plastic tag, drilled out possibly.

I'm not sure the name of the bit, but it's for certain security screws that have 2 holes for the pins of the bit fit into.

Thoughts?

I am back now so i will mold the chuck tomorrow :)

nice! I held off buying an actual collet in hopes. Thank you good sir

- - - Updated - - -

It was rundown that said about the wingnut.

I've had an idea though, I think the top clip could be one of the included screwdriver bits.

Possibly mounted with use of the existing black plastic tag, drilled out possibly.

I'm not sure the name of the bit, but it's for certain security screws that have 2 holes for the pins of the bit fit into.

Thoughts?

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b36/falinn/Mobile Uploads/image_zpspeigskz1.jpeg

that does look pretty close

attachment.php

as for the tip, it looks like a small ball joint fork to me. I've been looking for model kits to see if there is anything with a miniature ball joint fork

m45BsaUspRTrPTF7mrrwXkQ.jpg

unfortunately i went to my local dollar tree, and ocean state job lot tonight and couldn't find the screw driver cap... hoping for a run!

Good news, bad news for me.

Bad news - went to my local Poundland intending to pick up a bunch of screwdrivers for myself and anyone who wanted one. They had a whole section of Tommy Walsh DIY products, including several types of multi-bit precision screwdriver. But none of the type I needed! :cry

Good news - my 8-ridge collet arrived today! I LOVE the weight and used sheen of this thing.

DSCF5290.JPGDSCF5292.JPG

Good news, bad news for me.

Bad news - went to my local Poundland intending to pick up a bunch of screwdrivers for myself and anyone who wanted one. They had a whole section of Tommy Walsh DIY products, including several types of multi-bit precision screwdriver. But none of the type I needed! :cry

Good news - my 8-ridge collet arrived today! I LOVE the weight and used sheen of this thing.

View attachment 624796View attachment 624797

That looks like a great match. I wonder when the centre part is found, if it is indeed a found part, it'll inform about which size of collet is needed/best match.

I have some spare screwdriver sets if you want one, just let me know

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back