TFA Reys Star destroyer found part.

here you go made a central ring and very quick paint job :)
20160510_125446.jpg20160510_125525.jpg

Nice but I think the ring should be bigger. If you look at the picture where Rey washes it, it looks like the ring goes further out then the ridges of the collet.

Yeah would be a neat piece to have, but the collet is a little out of my price range for a piece of Star Destroyer.

IF I happen on a cheap one... cool.

Looks great though!

So is this an iconic prop now?? Assuming because Rey got it so early in the film scavenging to survive :)

By the way, im off to the pound shop tomorrow if I get any and have a spares ill send them to whoever wants them.

I got mine off ebay for £24 I am hoping its the correct one its a bit of a gamble but looks ok in the picture :) its all much smaller than I thought a bit like the thermal detonator probably because of Daiseys little hands :)

Do you know the size of the collet? I found one on eBay that's 5/8inch-3/4inch but not sure if that's the size. I couldn't find the MC 10 model that rundown listed so this is the next best I found.

actually found quite a few different sizes with more of a in depth search but agian, not sure which is the right one.

Do you know the size of the collet? I found one on eBay that's 5/8inch-3/4inch but not sure if that's the size. I couldn't find the MC 10 model that rundown listed so this is the next best I found.

actually found quite a few different sizes with more of a in depth search but agian, not sure which is the right one.

MC is the older style collets from pratt burnerd. They were changed by another design. So you won't see allot of them. I found some articles about them on a machinist forum.

So is this an iconic prop now?? Assuming because Rey got it so early in the film scavenging to survive :)

By the way, im off to the pound shop tomorrow if I get any and have a spares ill send them to whoever wants them.

I'll jump on that :D

I think i have a lead on the top part. It just looks like washers with this type of wingnut. (trying to find the type of wingnut)
Would make sense they keep both parts bolted together

13174216_1091455240914698_4056007050943883124_n.jpg

perusing around... seems there are a lot of these types of screwdriver sets... What is the outer diameter of the one you have now?

MC is the older style collets from pratt burnerd. They were changed by another design. So you won't see allot of them. I found some articles about them on a machinist forum.

Okay I got it. After looking at the collets more I understand the sizing. Having the screwdriver set in hand will definitely help in sizing the collet. However anyone who has theirs finished the sizing of yours would be greatly appreciated.

No luck thus far for the 8 ridge collet but I did order the screwdriver set from Amazon for about $6

Judgedredd if you do make this a kit that'd be awesome! Please PM me if you do this

Last edited:
what he said ^ Would love to have one myself!

What size and id was it?

EDIT: Found out it was an BURNERD MC 10 and above collet. I think i bought the last off of ebay.
I bought a box. I could always sell some once they arrive!

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/miQAAOSwmmxW5Hxc/s-l1600.jpg

i live for this stuff!! Anyone know what it's original use it for?!

- - - Updated - - -

what he said ^ Would love to have one myself!

What size and id was it?

EDIT: Found out it was an BURNERD MC 10 and above collet. I think i bought the last off of ebay.
I bought a box. I could always sell some once they arrive!

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/miQAAOSwmmxW5Hxc/s-l1600.jpg

i live for this stuff!! Anyone know what it's original use it for?!

I've six of the screwdriver sets if anyone wants one outside of the UK. Happy to send the whole set or just case if it helps with the postage. Will try and post in the JY later too.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back