Star Wars Celebration 2017--Orlando, FL

I am sure some members here will have had a fun time but I qued all Wednesday night from 10 pm to get in to the 40th panel 13 hours later and having been up for 20 hours I watch it screaned to the Celibration stage, at 13.00 hours I walked out of the convention centre to find the start of the que for the Last Jedi panel a staggering 14 hours before they were allowed to let in at 5 to watch it at 11,I couldn't put my family though that again so we went back to the hotel to sleep for 6 hours when we returned there must have been well over 8 thousand people in line,
i may be a little bitter here but Lucas film does not care or cater for the large amount of people that now attend these evens this will be my 6 and final Celibration as I don't recognise this as the events I have enjoyed over the years.

Sounds like I'm not missing much except an obscene number of lines. I'm so sick of missing con time just waiting for panels. I'm not so sure I'll be wanting to go to the next one either hearing countless clusters of messes all round.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Shout out the the guy in the blue RPF shirt... literally, I was shouting at you. "Hey dude! RPF! RPF!!" He didn't turn around. :(

Watched the panel from home, drove over, and had a pretty nice time. Before I even got into the door I ran into Brit and Bill Doran which was awesome. Quick Knights of Ren meet up, checked out the Shoretrooper I painted at the Reynolds booth, and then I peaced out.

Didn't see any of the props and costumes that were supposed to be on display, wish I stayed a little longer for that.. didn't manage to get close to any stores which also sucked but it wasn't terrible.

Well having tried to watch the live stream here in the Netherlands ... the biggest provider in the country decided to have a break down of sorts by the end of this week and going on into the weekend ... which resulted in a louzy crappy feed ... together with lots of interruptions of a spinning wheel of death ... must be Murphy's Law at work ... together with Carrie Fisher's force ghost ... which by the way made me reminisce about her when I met her in Essen ... I whispered, while she was passing by going towards the main stage, ... 'I love you ... and I love your dog!' She immediately halted her step ... looked me straight into my eyes and replied : 'Why thank you!' ... Priceless ... thank you Carrie Fisher ... you'll always be my Princess . . . with Gary the dog on your side :)

Chaïm

this particular interviewer is not my favorite. his voice goes ten times higher than my own does when i get nervous..and at times he stops and enjoys the d amn thing when he should be driving it home like a boss.

the lady with the occasional purple hair is far more in control of herself and does a far better job mc-ing the thing than most of the fan boys they have on here.

- - - Updated - - -

Sounds like I'm not missing much except an obscene number of lines. I'm so sick of missing con time just waiting for panels. I'm not so sure I'll be wanting to go to the next one either hearing countless clusters of messes all round.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i'd love to go to one only if i could use the few media contacts i have to get behind the scenes passes. it's the only way to enjoy these things these days as they just get over booked to the point of fire marshal shut down.

Last edited by a moderator:
YouTube channel Disneyland Experience has some low res "full panel" vids. That part is in quotes because sometimes the encoding on their end sort craps out, so there's some with no audio, and some actual segments cut.

I did watch pretty much all of the 40th anniversary panel that way which was pretty good. The Carrie Fisher memorial panel had some cuts. Watch the segment leading to the tribute video, then watch the HQ tribute video on the official Star Wars channel. The John Williams segment of that video suffers the most cuts.

I waited in line for the last Jedi panel this morning and they ran out of bands just in front of me. Kind of disappointing, but it has the happen to someone. I did make it in to the 40th panel on Thursday and that was sweet plus I got a cool poster. See everyone tomorrow!

any panel highlights worth checking out to day?

i feel like i'm in a cult watching the in between stuff with the 'we love star wars no matter what' mantra they got going :)

Feeling much better about this. I was able to park close to the shuttle pick up and I'm in line for the first of two panels I want to see, the Rebels preview (but in the second theater where it will be a stream). I didn't see anything about a wrist band for the Tom Spina about the Cantina.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

tia is a dream girl. wow....sigh. how come i can't find someone into the same things that looks even half that good? :)

17903918_10155036961785211_5297585355525934296_n.jpg

I've seen the videos for the 40th and mark hamills tribute to Carrie, but has anyone seen any of the prop panels posted? I would love to see more of those!

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back