Star Wars Celebration 2017--Orlando, FL

This will be my first time attending a SW Celebration. My son and I normally attended SW weekends, but they have canceled that due to the recent expantion on the theme park. It will be my son's first big convention. We will have a few different costumes, him and I both. 6 costumes to count. I'm still working on 2 of the costumes, and just now starting on the others. If you care to see or follow my builds you can see them on my artist page here:

https://www.facebook.com/matrixspoon

For the past 3 years I've been the host of the RPF Members Meetup at Dragoncon each year http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=266501. Please let me know if you all would like me to put something together for all the RPF members to have a meet up at SW Celebration.

I greatly look forward to meeting you all...

Last edited:
I was at Celebration in London, and loved it so much I decided to go again. My hotel is booked for Orlando (Rosen Inn at Pointe) and my flights are sorted too.

I would be interested in a meetup too if one was happening.

If we did a meetup, what day and time would you all like to meetup?...I know most people have plans for each day. I know cosplayers plan there costumes based on the days as well. As well I know some people may not be coming for the full 4 days either...Let me know your suggestions and we can go from there...Thanks...

I'd suggest Saturday, just because you don't want it to be the opening day when the biggest events are going on or on the closing day where they have the closing ceremonies and everyone is burnt out.

I'd suggest Saturday, just because you don't want it to be the opening day when the biggest events are going on or on the closing day where they have the closing ceremonies and everyone is burnt out.

For an event like this it's a little different from what I'm used to. Dragoncon is Fri-Mon, so a lot of us arrive on Thurs the day before the con starts and have the meet then. For something like this there's not really a pre-party meet up like there is at Dragoncon, I would agree probable Friday or Saturday would be the best days, seeing a lot of people only come for those days.

What does everyone else think for a day for all of the RPF memeber to meet up at SWC...and what time would you all like to agree on if we did have a meetup?

Some examples of the past RPF Meet-Ups that I've hosted...these pictures were taken at Dragoncon by UMOphoto.

11986398_784519261659513_1097334901426351545_n.jpg

14231793_977731372338300_1827546808125576539_o.jpg

Oh nice, didn't see that Celebration is coming back to Orlando. I went in 2010, had a blast. Got to meet Ben Burt. My friend I was with, who also paid my way, paid to get a picture and autograph. I had my video camera filming stuff and decided to ask him something. My Dad's birthday was coming up and I was making a video for him, so I asked Ben if he would say happy birthday for my Dad, which he totally did. It was really cool.

I usually go to conventions on Saturday. I just drive in for the day and then go home to walk and feed my dog. So during the day on Saturday works best for me.

So it' pretty much looks like everyone is voting for Saturday, if we decide on having an RPF meet up...

What time do you all think would be a good time to meet up?..morning, noon, afternoon, or evening?...

I'm thinking of posible making a few badges for everyone that plans on meeting up...nothing super customized, just some basic badges...I have a ton of badge holders so it wouldn't be that hard or cost me any money...

what do you all think?...

Would you like some SWC RPF badges?...or just RPF badges?...

Ok, so it looks like everyone is agreeing on Saturday evening for a meetup, preferable towards the end of the event. Where does everyone think a good location would be to meet up?...Any ideas? I've been to the Orange County Convention Center 3 times, but each event changes which wing the event is being held at.

Ok, so it looks like everyone is agreeing on Saturday evening for a meetup, preferable towards the end of the event. Where does everyone think a good location would be to meet up?...Any ideas? I've been to the Orange County Convention Center 3 times, but each event changes which wing the event is being held at.

I have never been there so I will need to rely on others expertise.

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back