Rogue One Vader costume

You Vader guys crack me up! The nit pickings in this thread over things like how the cape flows, lenses are too red, or if the helmet fit is 2mms off when compared to ANH.

Stormtrooper fans have a real gripe. The egregious and heavy handed changes to the ANH armor in rogue one is unacceptable. Every single part has been changed.

At least Rogue One Vader largely passes for ANH! Can't say that about the troopers.

At least the stormtroopers in Rogue One actually looks uniform to one another. The stormtroopers in the original Star Wars was all over the place in terms of uniformity and a lot of them looked sloppy.

Maybe the new stuff looks more pristine and symmetrical, but it was the old stuff which did its job in making Star Wars what it is today. And I wouldn't change a thing considering that, no matter how shiny and perfect the new Vader, Stommtroopers or other things might be today.

You Vader guys crack me up! The nit pickings in this thread over things like how the cape flows, lenses are too red, or if the helmet fit is 2mms off when compared to ANH.

Stormtrooper fans have a real gripe. The egregious and heavy handed changes to the ANH armor in rogue one is unacceptable. Every single part has been changed.

At least Rogue One Vader largely passes for ANH! Can't say that about the troopers.
The stormtroopers in Rogue One are the original trilogy stormtroopers perfected. The eye holes are perfect, the black band around the forehead is perfect, the cheap, lame blue stickers on the jaws of the original trilogy masks are now actual grills and the shape of the mouth portion of the mask has much more of a pleasing downward sloping shape to it. The stormtroopers in Rogue One looks really, really sharp! I'm glad they made those subtle changes! :D

Maybe the new stuff looks more pristine and symmetrical, but it was the old stuff which did its job in making Star Wars what it is today. And I wouldn't change a thing considering that, no matter how shiny and perfect the new Vader, Stommtroopers or other things might be today.
You know I have to agree that the perfect symmetry on classic Vader at the end of Revenge of the Sith did look like crap. The perfect symmetry on the Stormtroopers in Rogue One looks infinitely better.

The stormtroopers in Rogue One are the original trilogy stormtroopers perfected. The eye holes are perfect, the black band around the forehead is perfect, the cheap, lame blue stickers on the jaws of the original trilogy masks are now actual grills and the shape of the mouth portion of the mask has much more of a pleasing downward sloping shape to it. The stormtroopers in Rogue One looks really, really sharp! I'm glad they made those subtle changes! :D

uuugh, the Stormtroopers in Rogue One are horrible - they look like they’ve had a makeover by Hasbro :lol

Cheers

Jez

The R1 TK helmets look fine to me. The armor doesn't look as good with the large gaps and the way the edges are not as curved. The originals had more of a flow to the design. However, I can understand making the changes to allow the stunt men to move more easily.

I don't think the issue with the TK or Vader is symmetry, but other changes made to the design. We have seen a symmetrical TK can look good.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

I like the R1 troopers for the exact same reasons. Not that I wouldn't love the originals!
I was crafted in '72 and ANH was the first movie, I was allowed to watch in a cinema, without my parents, just some friends from grammar school. It still is and always will be my favourite Episode, it holds the most magical memories for me and I unconditionally love everything in it, period.

But I'm also a very symmetrical person. The symmetrical ROTS Vader gave me great joy and R1 finally fulfilled my wish, to at last have perfect, symmetrical trooper buckets with real vents and who all look exactly alike, so I'm with you on this one, pal. ;)

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back