Weird things in movies you always notice...

...being able to guess a word/sentence an on-screen character will say right before they say it. Happens all the time - good times :)

When there's a big detailed world map on screen and New Zealand is omitted from it.

You should be glad that Hollywood doesn't know you. Still better than Germans in Hollywood movies: Did you know that we all here in Germany are Bavarian or Austrian (!) speaking Nazi fools, walking around in leather breeches or dirndls, eating weisswursts and pretzels and living in the Black Forest? No? Now you know! :D

Screeching tires on dirt roads. It was funny when Dukes of Hazzard did it, but I've seen several examples where I think they were seriously trying to get away with it.

Was going through T2 last night, frame-by-frame in the scene where the T-800's left arm is torn off in the large gear.

You can CLEARLY see Arnold's real left arm, dressed in a black sock, behind the appliance arm. Can even make out his wrist and knuckles underneath the black sheath..

This guy in the black fedora holding the fish and shaking his hand at the bottom edge in the center of the screen from 0:25 ...... Guess the camera people told everyone else "Do not, I repeat DO NOT turn around and look STRAIGHT INTO THE CAMERA.." (You can really see when he remembers that he should not look at the camera.)

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be glad that Hollywood doesn't know you. Still better than Germans in Hollywood movies: Did you know that we all here in Germany are Bavarian or Austrian (!) speaking Nazi fools, walking around in leather breeches or dirndls, eating weisswursts and pretzels and living in the Black Forest? No? Now you know! :D

can be alot worse. we Dutch folks all live in windmills wearing wooding shoes while looking at the tulips on our fields. ow and we are all high as a kite from all the weed we smoke :D

ok i was born in a watermill and i do wear wooden shoes :p

Since it was on just the other night...

Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban, during the entirety of the climax. The first time around, when they're leaving Hagrid's hut, it's starting to get dark out. The second time around, however, it looks like it's mid-afternoon.

I noticed this during my first screening with some people who had seen it a dozen times... I'm not allowed to watch the rest of the movies with them as I've somehow "ruined" the film for them.

Thought it was pretty funny.

must be autistic me, and car lover than. happens alot in tv shows.

people walking n the streets passing parked cars. lets say blue chevy, red ford and black import. next scene: red ford, blue chevy and black import.

or other scenario in a movie. how many yellow random type of car with deflated left rear wheel can a city have?

At 0:23. You get a clear shot of everyone in the room, so who the heck is screaming? :lol

- - - Updated - - -

At 0:41. This guy looks like he's enjoying the panic!:lol

Last edited by a moderator:
From the first time I saw it in 1981: the fly in the mouth.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHtL5VKc2CY
I've focused on the fly every time I've seen this scene since 1980. I think it flies off just before it goes in his mouth. If not, then Paul Freeman is a rock.

- - - Updated - - -

SW-ANH The ghostly image of writing visible as this Stormtrooper runs through the scene.

SW-ROTJ The weird black blob on Palpy's hood, just beside his right eye.
I don't know what that blob is. Ever since the home release on VHS, I've focused on this and can't figure out why that is there. There are times when the Emperor moves his head and its clear that there isn't a "gap" in his mask/makeup or something that would make LucasFilm need to add in the blob. Someone please answer this 35 year old mystery!

Other things:

Empire Strikes Back - duel on Bespin - when Vader falls off of the carbon-freeze platform, you can see Prowse "bounce" as if he had jumped onto a trampoline. When Luke jumps down after him, again you can see Mark's head pop up just before the scene clips off.

Raiders of the Lost Ark - when Indy is thrown through the front windshield of the truck and grabs onto the front-left wheel well, as the truck driver accelerates towards Belloq's car, you can see Indy sitting on a seat that was put in front of the wheel well. Its painted tan, but they should have covered the back of the seat with Indy's leather jacket to better hide it.

Temple of Doom - During the mine cart scene, one of the scenes of Indy, Short Round, and Willie running from the water has them all standing still and then they start running. Just bad editing. Also, later when the British Cavalry shows up ("Its about time"), the rifleman jams his rifle during over-the shoulder camera shot of him shooting Thuggies across the canyon.

I've focused on the fly every time I've seen this scene since 1980. I think it flies off just before it goes in his mouth. If not, then Paul Freeman is a rock.
I saw a documentary that addressed the fly. It actually went in his mouth briefly then flew out. They thought it was so cool that in post they got rid of the bit where it flew out.

I saw a documentary that addressed the fly. It actually went in his mouth briefly then flew out. They thought it was so cool that in post they got rid of the bit where it flew out.
That's funny that they would edit it to make it seem like he ate it. It had to have flown out several seconds later since he stands there for several seconds (while Elliott speaks behind him) before the scene cuts away.

Luke's head popping back up is plausible. If the drop isn't terribly deep (and its depth is never established), then he's just standing upright after the crouch that happens any time someone lands after a jump.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back