Weird things in movies you always notice...

Or if they need to enter a password, the password field fills the whole screen. :lol

*twitch*

Oh probably the worst offender I've ever seen was an episode of NCIS where Abby and McGee are simultaneously typing two separate lines of code to foil a hacker... SIDE BY SIDE ON THE SAME KEYBOARD.

It's like the person who wrote that scene had a complete and utter brain meltdown and got a temporary replacement made out of week-old spaghetti.

This scene is only marginally saved by Gibbs' quick thinking. Someone's hacking your computer and you can't stop it? Unplug your computer.

Last edited by a moderator:
*twitch*

Oh probably the worst offender I've ever seen was an episode of NCIS where Abby and McGee are simultaneously typing two separate lines of code to foil a hacker... SIDE BY SIDE ON THE SAME KEYBOARD.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u8qgehH3kEQ

It's like the person who wrote that scene had a complete and utter brain meltdown and got a temporary replacement made out of week-old spaghetti.

This scene is only marginally saved by Gibbs' quick thinking. Someone's hacking your computer and you can't stop it? Unplug your computer.
OMG. I think that's the worst case I've ever seen. And, if that isn't bad enough, all those ludicrous sound effects. It's a computer, not R2D2.

This isn't specific to one movie but just what I notice in general. At night the streets are always wet and seat head rests are always removed in cars.

Those are two things I've never understood. Why the wet streets (I can only assume it's for the effect) and why, if there is nobody in the backseat, are the headrests removed? Can someone shed any light on the headrest thing? :)

I watched a behind the scenes of something and someone mentioned that while shooting a car interior scene while someone is moving/driving you can almost always tell if the car is on a trailer because any cars that pass by will be a little lower then they should be. Can't remember where I heard that but I notice it a lot .

Why the wet streets (I can only assume it's for the effect)

Lighting. It works better when streets are wet.

and why, if there is nobody in the backseat, are the headrests removed? Can someone shed any light on the headrest thing? :)

There are two common reasons, 1. to get a better shot of passengers in the back, 2. to make blue screen shots easier (though that's not really an issue any more). They remove head rests even when there are no passengers in the back so they can keep continuity between other shots that do.

You all nailed my top three: that gorram cat sound effect, hacking/typing (to which I would respectfully add the piano -- just watch something like, say, "House," where Hugh Laurie actually plays and you see the difference immediately) and the exploding car. Even though way back when I pulled my wife-to-be from a burning car, which then exploded (thanks, Ford, for the Pinto) it was nothing like the movies show it to be.

OMG. I think that's the worst case I've ever seen. And, if that isn't bad enough, all those ludicrous sound effects. It's a computer, not R2D2.

Yeah, real hacking is boring, tedious work. One of the few movies that went out of its way to show how actual coding and hacking works was Antitrust (a highly underrated film, by the way). Of course, it didn't do that well in the box office, but it does have a bit of a cult following amongst computer geeks because of that realism.

Another one from twister. What's wrong in this scene ? :)

377_9_large.jpg

Bingo ;o) Someone missed the director breifing the extras on how they should react. not 'I'm in a hollywood movie, yay!' ;o)

- - - Updated - - -

The Support crane on stay pufts right leg, helping the actor stay up in the suit ;o).

Haha score! I coudlnt comment on the GB one, I couldnt see the picture, stupid work internet.

You know what bothers me that I always notice? Hopefully this hasnt been mentioned already, but if it has, I apologize. When 2 people are talking, and the shot is over the shoulder, and the main person is in frame listening, their jaw movements dont go with what they are saying, like the audio was put in afterwards. After watching Daredevil season 2, I noticed it A LOT. I notice it in other movies too, but it was really apparent. It bugs me now.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back