Building a proper pulse rifle, Part I

menatarms

I've spent the last nine months (possibly more .. I've lost track of the time and money spent on this idea) trying to get to this part. After many set backs and delays -- here are my aluminum pulse rifle fairings. CNC out of blocks of 7075 aluminum alloy stock to a wall thickness of 3mm. These fairings weigh roughly 1.5 kgs or 3.3 lbs.

The upper set are aluminum (the lowers are a now well beat-up fiberglass pulls of the Bapty).

FPT1.gif

Last edited:
Re: Building a proper pulse rifle Part I

that would have to be the holy grail of pulse rifles, all genuine parts and an ali shroud :love

Blimey, after all the tests and back-and-forths, they are finally here. And they are damn shiny :) Great work making them a reality

Thanks for the kind words, gents ..

I'm fighting cobwebs as I'm typing this, and debating turning in as it is past mid-night Asia-Pac time, and with my forced commitment to healthy living -- I may turn in and forego more photos this evening. Or I might catch a second wind and get excited to shoot more (no promises though).:)

WOW!!! :eek

MAA, I've seen how long you've been working on this project on your site. I must say that the result is truly stunning.:thumbsup I almost wet myself when I was looking at the pics, they're beautiful.

Well done Man.

Cheers,

Kraig

Hopefully in a coupla weeks I can free up some time to return the fairings for more work. First will be a re-mill of the entire right hand side piece. Then the second stage can be started for CNC of the mag base and mag base top.

Will be back for some more shots .. ;)

That is pure beauty!! While I can probably never afford it for the next 18 years, I sure as hell envy you for having it :)

Very very nice!

Tom

This thread is more than 16 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back