The Vintage Exactra Calculator - a Bubble Strip comparison and database

George L.

First, this is an initial work-in-progress and only to collect some of the DATA listed below. There are other more detailed Exactra bubble strip thread on here, in as much the original and granddaddy of them all regarding Exactra Bubble Strip discussions can be found here:
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=73545

Well, this kind of started on my vintage Graflex Luke ANH build and seems like it has stirred up some data and interest on the types of Exactra calculators, usually 20's and the types of Bubble Strips that are contained within. So, thought we should discuss the matter here. First post and running out of time tonight but will update my data and 'move' the very interesting Exactra thread started to here. Let us know your thoughts for fellow ANH Exactra 20 (and more?) bubble strip data.

Off the top of my head after today's observations, initial data to collect please make mention of at least the following to start. I will create a spreadsheet, comparing all the data that is posted here in this thread. Why, because it's interesting and could help other members in the long run, sure wish this was available to myself when I purchased my Exactra 20 almost 10 years ago as I just recently pulled the case off and started asking questions here. Who knows where this might lead? Again, this thread is just for Exactra Data exchange.

Data Table (cut, paste and edit):
MODEL - what type of Exactra do you have as shown on the face? a 20, 19 etc.
TYPE - designation on the rear of the calculator, just under the battery compartment. Usually EX-20 or TI-20 or???
STRIP BASE - does the bubble strip have a clear, or frosted base?
PCB - what color is the PCB the strip mounts to?
SERNO - the serial number on the back
STAMP - the black ink stamped number on the back, just above the SERNO
QCNO - maybe even the number on the round inspection sticker

OK gang, I'll let it go from here. Of course pictures and any other comments, suggestions, documentation, links et. all is appreciated. I think this will possibly enlighten some more about the Exactra Calculator and it's use in ANH sabers.

Have fun, and keep on building - always...

Chip

---

Last edited:
My current Exactra data:

Exactra No. 1:
MODEL - Exactra 20
TYPE - EX-20
STRIP BASE - frosted
PCB - natural ('white')
SERNO - 237131
STAMP - 494
QCNO - AA-15
_1cl5470_FrostedCloseUp_01_2048.jpg

Exactra No. 2:
MODEL - Exactra 20
TYPE - TI-20
STRIP BASE - clear
PCB - green (Vader ANH base?)
SERNO - 20062747
STAMP - 304
QCNO - AA-08
_1cl5471_ClearCloseUp_01_2048.jpg

Include a rear or back photo as it could come in handy. Mine, left frosted, right clear type (shipping out very soon):
_1cl5454_RearBoth_2048.jpg

There is my data, and if you would like please post yours.

Cheers,

Chip
---

Last edited:
George L. ... I love your initiative ... but due to personal circumstances, 'granddad' lacks the lust to gather all that data or pictures from my 8 Exactra's right now ... sorry :cry

Chaim

Last edited by a moderator:
Necro-threading because I finally have a few (3) Exactras to compare differences and was going to start a thread for it but found this one in a search. It would be neat to see if there is any consistency with the setup based on model/serial numbers (older)

1. Using for Vader parts
Model: EX-20
Serial: 270630
Black imprint: 225
Bubble: FROSTED
Circuit: BLUE

2. Staying as a display piece
Model: EX-20
Serial: 232807
Black imprint: 494
Bubble: FROSTED
Circuit: BLUE

3. Will be selling, just has the circuit board
Model: TI-20
Serial: 20111893
Black imprint: 384
Bubble: UNKNOWN-scavenged
Circuit: GREEN

Last edited:
This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back