Reznor9's Batsuit: Arkham Origins V3

I am attempting an Arkham Origins torso similar to Reznor9's. I am trying to identify what type of foam he used. Any ideas? I put my guesses on his pic.
reznorTorso.jpg

I am attempting an Arkham Origins torso similar to Reznor9's. I am trying to identify what type of foam he used. Any ideas? I put my guesses on his pic.
View attachment 723713

all your guesses are fairly accurate. The chest and the back however are cut from the same floor mat tiles you can purchase at harbor freight. I think they are between 1/4-1/2 inch in thickness depending on the actual package you get. As their thicknesses seem somewhat inconsistent. Neck harnessing is the foam roll from harbor freight. Which is about 1/4 inch or maybe a little thinner.

right now I'm reworking the design a little to attempt to give a little more mobility to the wearer. It sacrifices a little accuracy but hopefully will allow easier waistline articulation.

all your guesses are fairly accurate. The chest and the back however are cut from the same floor mat tiles you can purchase at harbor freight. I think they are between 1/4-1/2 inch in thickness depending on the actual package you get. As their thicknesses seem somewhat inconsistent. Neck harnessing is the foam roll from harbor freight. Which is about 1/4 inch or maybe a little thinner.

right now I'm reworking the design a little to attempt to give a little more mobility to the wearer. It sacrifices a little accuracy but hopefully will allow easier waistline articulation.

Would love to see a breakdown if you could get the chance. Especially what it looks like from the backside when opened up.

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted to see. Another question. Do you prepaint before gluing all of your pieces together or after? Also, do you use acrylic paints or spray paints to finish?

Perfect. Exactly what I wanted to see. Another question. Do you prepaint before gluing all of your pieces together or after? Also, do you use acrylic paints or spray paints to finish?

Yes i pre-paint whatever I can before assembly. I use rustoleum spray paint out the can. I also like using duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint too. Afterwards I'll hand paint if there is any weathering on the part that needs to be done and finally I'll use my airbrush to do any shading or touch ups.

Yes i pre-paint whatever I can before assembly. I use rustoleum spray paint out the can. I also like using duplicolor vinyl and fabric paint too. Afterwards I'll hand paint if there is any weathering on the part that needs to be done and finally I'll use my airbrush to do any shading or touch ups.

Good to know. Do you use hot glue or contact cement to attach your pieces?

The reason I ask is that your abs section looked longer than on your previous versions. I know you shortened the rib sections for better mobility. Does the abs sections stick past the belt underneath at all or does it still line up evenly?

The reason I ask is that your abs section looked longer than on your previous versions. I know you shortened the rib sections for better mobility. Does the abs sections stick past the belt underneath at all or does it still line up evenly?

The lower abs section goes underneath the belt. If one wanted to they could trim the abs down so they lined up perfectly with the belt.

OK. So they are the 1/2 inch floor mat. So what did you use for your rivet like metal pieces? I've seen some people use allen heads but it looks like you used something different.

Yes they are half inch floor mats. The rivets are just the top end. If the sanding drum on my dremel being pushing into the foam.

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back