New rogue one mp40 blaster

There is one screw hole and a longer, thin safety switch clearly seen on the bottom of Krennic's blaster.

The airsoft MP40's that I've seen have 2 screw holes and a much 'fatter' safety switch. This rules out the Matrix MP40, the AGM MP40 and the Double Eagle spring MP40.

I cant say for certain as this one has a different rear section (the rounded parts where the MP40/38 stamped steel would make up the upper rear receiver) but its looking a lot like a design submitted for TFA.

I found some really cheap age +14 softair guns, based on the MP 40. They aren´t that huge and overall I´m really happy with this found. Now let´s start to re-work them. :)

Here are some pics:
P7302091.JPGP7302093.JPGP7302094.JPGP7302095.JPGP7302096.JPGP7302097.JPGP7302098.JPGP7302092.JPG

Has anyone an idea for the shape of the scope mount? I think it´s slightly curved, not square like the DL-44 scope mount??? Or is it just the perspective?
director-krennic-rogue-one-leak (1) - Kopie-vert.jpg

I am willing to bet dollars to donuts that his entire blaster has been 3D printed and cast, instead of starting with a base gun. No way is that an MP40.

I was at celebration and had a damn good look at the blaster. I have an mp40 and in my opinion it is an mp40 that's been used certainly the pistol grip is . I couldn't see the rest .

The only thing I would say that is against a full print is that it has some kind of selector on the butt of the grip. That says some kind of airsoft to me. I may be wrong though.

The only thing I would say that is against a full print is that it has some kind of selector on the butt of the grip. That says some kind of airsoft to me. I may be wrong though.

It's a toggle switch for electronics, most likely for muzzle flash to give the effects boys something to work with. Airsoft guns don't have random switches for electronics, they would be hidden if present. No airsoft MP40 on the market has a switch there, and the hole looks pretty roughly cut as well.

I agree that it certainly LOOKS like an MP40, but most likely the prop department just based it on that rifle and made their own.

I know this is an old thread, but searching for some other stuff i stumbled across this mp40 prototype. Just a guess but I think the design isn't actually based on the mp40 alone, but also on this prototype :)
mp45internet.jpg6563-1@2x.jpgrendition1.img.jpg

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back