Anovos Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit

Just got word it is now delayed to the fall schedule (September 22 - Dec 22).

How did you get word? Did you get an e-mail?
Just curious because I didn't... You'd think the least they could do is send out an e-mail as a courtesy. They don't even do that anymore. I think maybe they hope we just won't notice if they don't point it out. Good products - terrible customer appreciation.

Cheers
Steve

How did you get word? Did you get an e-mail?
Just curious because I didn't... You'd think the least they could do is send out an e-mail as a courtesy. They don't even do that anymore. I think maybe they hope we just won't notice if they don't point it out. Good products - terrible customer appreciation.

Cheers
Steve

I got an email from them about the delay - you might check your spam folder. The email mentioned they see a real possibility the kits will be in customer hands before Halloween.

Ahhh... yep. I found it in my inbox. I must have missed it in the mass of marketing emails they send out.

Cheers
Steve

I got an email from them about the delay - you might check your spam folder. The email mentioned they see a real possibility the kits will be in customer hands before Halloween.

No chance. Every time they've said something like that it's been a lie. Likely to encourage more people to order and stop more people from demanding a refund. I don't know when we'll see it, but there is NO way it'll be before Halloween.

Seems to good to be true. They make a stellar prototype and get everybody excited and then delays come. I'll be surprised to see fans walking around with this pack.

Well, in the meantime, my son loves his Spirit Halloween Proton Pack. He grabbed it so fast out of the box that I didn't even get a chance to remove all the bubble wrap.

9dd1e9f31756205f3971f4a0d0fe89b7.jpg

6f75bce9a7821161730e876af23701de.jpg

One of the BIG problems with manufacturing in China is that you have to really watch what is happening on the manufacturing of the product. If you don't, especially on a specialized / complex item, you will get bad product. I am not surprised that there are delays for something like this, I am surprised at the lack of communication. That comes from the top and generally shows incompetence for management. That is driven by fear of loosing customers on a shortsightedness. With continued products being late, they should realize that the lack of communication does more harm than just being truthful about delays. That is a disconnect from the company leadership. That also makes it extremely tough for the good employees trying to turn out good product. Tough position to be in, working under weasley leadership.

Yes! And a double WOO-HOO from me! Shipping is paid and that bad boy is headed straight for my from door!

- - - Updated - - -

Oh, and PattyK77, Prepare to be surprised! :)

So, this kit doesn't come with the Alice frame or straps and the majority of the parts are plastic? Hmmmm Also no lights or sounds? How is this kit worth even $600?

If I can recall correctly, It doesn't include the frame because of a legal technicality that Anovos ran into where they had to sell the frame separately. Something about it being considered a proton pack "costume" if it's wearable, and some other companies that have the rights (Probably Spirit Halloween).

It's worth $600 because it's competitively priced to what's currently being offered in the fan made market. You'd be spending anywhere between $650-$1000 in fan made parts for a kit of this level.

Anyone hearing anymore on shipping?
It will be great if Got Maul pulls this off for GB fans with Anovos.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back