Anovos Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit

Straight out of the box build. No paint needed. Light weathering and detailing. Total build time from drilling and tapping to hanging it on the wall,....seven hours.

No lights and sound. Just the assembled shell but,.......DAMN!

standard.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

standard.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

medium800.jpg

Pack looks rad. Awesome weathering. I'm finishing a budget pack and used remote tealights for the cyclotron lights which work great cause they can be set on red flash. Under $20 on Amazon if anyone wants a cheaper lighting option for the Anvos pack.
Screenshot_2017-11-09-09-07-31.png510Nd47gCqL._SL500_AC_SS350_.jpg20171028_163657.jpg

Last edited:
I have been looking at alternative for the lighting and sound. The GBFan board looks a tad expensive and hardly any documentation for wiring. I used Replica props sound chip and a third party lighting system before, may do that again for all three although I would like to simplify the system as much as possible. With three packs ordered, the cost for electronics is up there.
Without painting the black, that looks terrific, I assume you did weather it a bit.
Venkman, did you need to cut out the area for the blue lightbar out of the mold or did that section already have that cut out?

I have been looking at alternative for the lighting and sound. The GBFan board looks a tad expensive and hardly any documentation for wiring. I used Replica props sound chip and a third party lighting system before, may do that again for all three although I would like to simplify the system as much as possible. With three packs ordered, the cost for electronics is up there.
Without painting the black, that looks terrific, I assume you did weather it a bit.
Venkman, did you need to cut out the area for the blue lightbar out of the mold or did that section already have that cut out?

Had to chop out the power cell window but the cyclotron holes are already cut. You have two options, simply glue the plexi from the back or cut the plexi to pressure fit it into the channel from the front. I chose the latter option. A little more work but then you can control the depth of the window ledge. I did weather it a bit. I did a rust patina in a few places, bolt heads, resistors, cracks and crevices etc. then two passes of rub-n-buff. First pass to achieve general paint weathering and a second pass for high spots and deep dings.

For the weathering on the grips, I found a good match for the color of the old resin they used, masked them off, painted them the caramel brown and then took most of it off with steel wool to expose the black underneath. I was pretty pleased how effective the technique was. Like I mentioned, it was a real leisurely seven hour just puttering, polishing and painting.

V-71

- - - Updated - - -

What method did they end up selecting for the barrel extension? I don't see a green switch on the thrower.

The barrel of this kit is static but VERY easy to swap out or modify.

The GBfans light/sound kits seem pretty nice. I just picked up a set but haven't had a chance to try them out yet. They also include capability to interface with a vibration motor and have videogame style modes that I think can activate a pack vent (it does have sound FX for it at least).

I went with the Jupiter Electronics kits for lights. I will use the replicaprops Sound module for the sound system. I did that with my past proton packs and they worked great.

Picked up a few PKEs and goggles and traps, so my kids can go trooping with the full outfits next year hopefully.
Anovos has noted the packs should be in hand at the latest by next March.

Last edited:
Frames currently show shipping this Winter, which means December - March.

Does anyone have a good recommendation for an alternative Alice pack supplier?

Sean

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back