Anovos Ghostbusters Proton Pack Kit

Update : 10/10/16

Just in case you missed it in me answering questions, we are taking two possible paths to the prototype..of which when I see the final products of both, will choose which way to go:

1. Using Venkman71's and Vinny's AWESOME master : After doing some further reserach, this pack base was indeed from Ross' mold. The good news is, after I compared it to the original pack, there was only 1-2% changes in warpage and shrinkage. Its actually amazing how close this pack is in measurements to the screen used ones we analyzed at Sony. The only issue I had with this was the significant warpage that occurred over time around the ion arm, gear box, and light box (forgetting the name right now...so sue me, its been over a decade). I had China do quite a bit of body surfacing to this pack to bring it back to its smoother surface texture of the original and I also spent a few hours actually resurfacing the warpage of the gear boxes. The ultimate product, I can reassure has all the important warps and character of the original but with with the idealized areas that bring the pack back to its original state.

2. Using the 3D pack : While at the archives we had the opportunity to scan three different packs, inside and out. This is the same technology we use to recreate our Star Wars props so it is top shelf stuff. I went ahead and had our team go ahead and start reconstructing an average of the packs. The only issue is, this process is by far longer to get to a water-proof print. Regardless, I had them start at the same time that the V71 pack was being made and we are only now going over details. The main issue I have seen with going the 3D way is that the process doesn't favor maintaining the warpage from the originals which I believe, V71's pack, captures beautifully.

We have these two methods going on right now. I have no problem showing you all the packs as they come to fruition. The only problem is, going these two routes has cost us some time so inevitably, a delay will occur but as many have stated, my intention of getting this thing right has become something I am deeply passionate about.

Js

2. The parts are high impact resin. I am also trying to work with Clippard to become a short term distributor along with Nycoil to offer true sourcing. I will update.

That is really great to hear! I was afraid after reading the kit description that the valves and fittings would be resin as well, but it would be wonderful if you could provide authentic parts.

Will items such as the ribbon cable mount, thrower knobs, and block on the end of the ion arm also be in metal? Or will that be in an upgrade pack?

That is really great to hear! I was afraid after reading the kit description that the valves and fittings would be resin as well, but it would be wonderful if you could provide authentic parts.

Will items such as the ribbon cable mount, thrower knobs, and block on the end of the ion arm also be in metal? Or will that be in an upgrade pack?

Oh, don't get me wrong. The 600 dollar kit will have resin valves and fittings. But I am working to trying to source some original parts or at least providing some sort of alternative to a higher end replicas.

I contacted AVONOS recently to see if photos of the final consumer model were going to be posted. The paraphrased reply was, "No, we don't post images of the consumer model, but you might see it at a convention."

That concerns me. I wanted to run a story on our website when it was available for purchase, but I can't bring myself to do that if a product is being sold to the public based on prototype photos only.

I preordered this kit when it was first announced, but I was super disappointed when I went to the Anovos booth at NYCC this year and they had absolutely no information about it. I am genuinely surprised - if we're talking a November release date, why was nothing shown? If it's not on track for November, okay, but the Anovos staff working that booth were adamant about the release date.

It was not a reassuring experience.

I preordered this kit when it was first announced, but I was super disappointed when I went to the Anovos booth at NYCC this year and they had absolutely no information about it. I am genuinely surprised - if we're talking a November release date, why was nothing shown? If it's not on track for November, okay, but the Anovos staff working that booth were adamant about the release date.

It was not a reassuring experience.

People waited two years for vader. and even then, i think the only version of the final suit shown was at a disney store in florida, IIRC...

I'd be shocked if this came out this year, or on time :)

1. Using Venkman71's and Vinny's AWESOME master : After doing some further reserach, this pack base was indeed from Ross' mold.

Interesting.. the infamous stunt shell lineage castings. I feel like this could be a good base for Anovos. Although its not the most detailed, I feel like having an early version of this particular casting preserved and reproduced in higher quality by Anovos would be nice.

Interesting.. the infamous stunt shell lineage castings. I feel like this could be a good base for Anovos. Although its not the most detailed, I feel like having an early version of this particular casting preserved and reproduced in higher quality by Anovos would be nice.

I had my issues and still do with this casting but I compared it to our measurements of the real thing and was absolutely blown away with how near perfect the casting was to the sizing overall of the boxes and detail points. Trust me, I wouldn't be recommending it as a contender if it didn't meet the Anovos standard. It just needed touching up in multiple places to restore this to original state using our reference and 3D scans. So, even from the V71 and Vinny Prototype, it has already been improved and now eagerly awaiting the 3D model for it.

EIN, that is unfortunate, but please realize those at the booth are booth sales people and not project coordinators. We have like 70+ products right now so they won't know everything. Also NYCC was themed Star Wars and Star Trek focused so no information about Proton packs was given them. Sorry about the confusion.

- - - Updated - - -

Hi Brad !!!! Great seeing you buddy.

People waited two years for vader. and even then, i think the only version of the final suit shown was at a disney store in florida, IIRC...

I'd be shocked if this came out this year, or on time :)

If they'd show the actual product, I'd probably pre-order it. We are, for whatever reason, getting three different stories from Anovos (JS, Anovos Customer Chat and an e-mail reply). The chat said flat out they are not release pics. JS says he'll show us pics. Then an e-mail I received from PR says that they cannot release pics until Sony approves them.

If they'd show the actual product, I'd probably pre-order it. We are, for whatever reason, getting three different stories from Anovos (JS, Anovos Customer Chat and an e-mail reply). The chat said flat out they are not release pics. JS says he'll show us pics. Then an e-mail I received from PR says that they cannot release pics until Sony approves them.

sounds par for the c ourse with this company. i've learned not to trust them unless people get actual product in their hands.

when the stuff does come, after about 2 or more years, it does look pretty good at least :)

thanks for the info..
do you mind post some pictures?
( i ordered one the first day was online ...i just check the info and is showing Q1 2017 ... A bit of changed then.. )
cheers.

Got Maul - I am a pre-order customer. Can you clarify for us, the metal support arm, you said it was the wrong wording, is that the aluminum motherboard? Also, are you able to list the parts that would be made of metal? I'm curious about the wand, is it all resin or are the tubes metal? Ion arm copper rod, metal or resin? Are the mounting brackets included in the kit for the shell to the motherboard, and if so do you need a rivet tool? Are all the screws included for mounting, cable, c-clamp, etc.? Perhaps a full list of included components would be prudent? Cheers.

- Ian Fraser

GBPG-BANNER.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed. A monthly update would not be a bad thing considering the original release date was already pushed back.

Pushed b ack? shocker.

woudln't be surprised if this doesn't come out till 2018, and even then to see official pictures you have to travel to conventions and hope they don't have a fan prop out :)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back