Marvel's The Punisher

I can't stop watching this trailer, the way they tied the gunshots and reloads into the rhythm of One is so perfect, excellent song choice and very well made. I loved the Punisher in Daredevil, this looks like it won't disappoint.

Hell yeah. This is probably my favorite trailer for any movie or TV show this year. Whoever cut it deserves some kind of award! :cool

BUMP!

Where is all the noise for this folks! Been watching it over the last two days and so far I'm really digging it.. one hell of a show. Beats the brakes off of Iron Flump and Luke Cage.
Three episodes left for me, back to it!

I just started episode 11. It's great. Right behind Daredevil for me. Took me about six months to get through Iron Fist. I'll probably finish this up today.

Just finished! I'm very sick of Marvel movies, but I'll watch Daredevil and the Punisher all day. I feel like expanding the conspiracy behind Frank's family dying was a bit contrived, but maybe that's because I forgot how DD ended. JB continues to be born to play this role.

I watched the whole series on Friday and as a Long time Punisher fan I loved every minute of it! By far the best show Marvel has done and certainly the best screen adaptation of Frank Castle. Great Story and fantastic cast, my hats off to the crew for this one!

Watched it all, and loved it. Well, most of it. The parts that I didn't care for was the whole Government conspiracy, which Cayman Shen also mentioned, and the Lewis Wilson angle.

Jon Bernthal IS the Punisher!! Microchip was a bit annoying at times, but I really dug the relationship that they developed, especially at the end of EP 12.

Am I the only one crushing on Karen Page? LOL.

I finished this up last night, it really was good! The only thing I thought was a weak bit of writing was the ease with which "Pete" got so close to Micro's family. Any way you look at it, Jon Bernthal is a scary looking dude. I can't believe she would just let this homeless looking guy right into her house and just start opening up to him. Okay, and even if she did, once she found out he was Frank, she is just willing to lie to the police about it? She had no idea he was working with her husband or anything else related to the story. All she knows is Frank Castle is, and has been, all over the news as someone who goes around violently killing people.

I guess Billy is going to be Jigsaw now? As one who still has his original first appearance of the Punisher in Spider-man (Oh, I forget the number) I was kind of hoping for The Jackal.

Last edited:
I finished this up last night, it really was good! The only thing I thought was a weak bit of writing was the ease with which "Pete" got so close to Micro's family. Any way you look at it, Jon Bernthal is a scary looking dude. I can't believe she would just let this homeless looking guy right into her house and just start opening up to him. Okay, and even if she did, once she found out he was Frank, she is just willing to lie to the police about it? She had no idea he was working with her husband or anything else related to the story. All she knows is Frank Castle is, and has been, all over the news as someone who goes around violently killing people.

I guess Billy is going to be Jigsaw now? As one who still has his original first appearance of the Punisher in Spider-man (Oh, I forget the number) I was kind of hoping for The Jackal.

It was kind of out of left field for me, too, but then I looked Jigsaw up and it made sense :):
Jigsaw.PNG

I thought it was a very solid show. I liked it a little more than DD. I'm a big fan of Bernthal and looking forward to the next installment!

Some of those action scenes were so brutal! I'll never look at a sledge hammer the same.

I liked it, I didn't love it, but I liked it more than any of the other film adaptions. I think Ray Stevenson was a better Punisher then Berenthal, but not what I would consider the definitive actor for the character. I hope in season 2 Berenthal loses the Simple Jack haircut as well. Man that bugged me.
Watching the series finally got me to order the entire Punisher MAX run on Amazon. I've read it before, but have been waiting for all the volumes to be released, or at least have a release date before I ordered physical copies.

I finished it for the second time yesterday. My lord what a show. Awesome and BRUTAL. It's been said many times before, but man is Jon Bernthal a tremendous actor, and born to play Frank Castle. I'd slot this right behind DD s1.

Really enjoyed how they tied in Frank's story with government conspiracies and how they examined veterans adjusting to life after war through various lenses.

The only real issue I noticed was what others have said - how weird it was that Sarah lies to the cops and defends 'Pete' after she finds out he's the murdering psychopath Frank Castle. I got the feeling that she realized the cop who was in her house wasn't actually a cop and was somebody bad, but how would she know not to trust him? And how did she figure out so quickly that there were bad people after Frank?

Love the ending scene. It's so heartbreaking..."First time in my life I don't have a war to fight. And I guess, if I'm gonna be honest... I'm scared."

I really wonder what's next for Frank. He seems to finally be moving on from The Punisher. Maybe he'll try settling down with Karen? I'm guessing that will happen and a really pissed off Billy Russo will come back to make his life miserable. Excited to see what's next.

I totally tricked the wife into watching it with me. Ive been on a roll picking good binge TV (GOT, Mindhunter etc) that she went with it. 3 episodes in, she is as hooked as I. Im not a big fan of gore, but he sure knows how to dish it out.

I finished it for the second time yesterday. My lord what a show. Awesome and BRUTAL. It's been said many times before, but man is Jon Bernthal a tremendous actor, and born to play Frank Castle. I'd slot this right behind DD s1.

Really enjoyed how they tied in Frank's story with government conspiracies and how they examined veterans adjusting to life after war through various lenses.

The only real issue I noticed was what others have said - how weird it was that Sarah lies to the cops and defends 'Pete' after she finds out he's the murdering psychopath Frank Castle. I got the feeling that she realized the cop who was in her house wasn't actually a cop and was somebody bad, but how would she know not to trust him? And how did she figure out so quickly that there were bad people after Frank?

Love the ending scene. It's so heartbreaking..."First time in my life I don't have a war to fight. And I guess, if I'm gonna be honest... I'm scared."

I really wonder what's next for Frank. He seems to finally be moving on from The Punisher. Maybe he'll try settling down with Karen? I'm guessing that will happen and a really pissed off Billy Russo will come back to make his life miserable. Excited to see what's next.

Her first warning was the guy inviting himself in to look around and the giveaway was asking about her daughter. How'd he know considering it didn't show him look at a picture or anything - and why would he even care if she were home or not if simply looking for Castle?

This thread is more than 4 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back