Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Subscribe
    From
    L.A.
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 18, 2017, 9:11 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #26

BUMP!

Where is all the noise for this folks! Been watching it over the last two days and so far I'm really digging it.. one hell of a show. Beats the brakes off of Iron Flump and Luke Cage.
    Three episodes left for me, back to it!
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 12:12 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #27

I just started episode 11. It's great. Right behind Daredevil for me. Took me about six months to get through Iron Fist. I'll probably finish this up today.
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 3:04 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #28

Just finished! I'm very sick of Marvel movies, but I'll watch Daredevil and the Punisher all day. I feel like expanding the conspiracy behind Frank's family dying was a bit contrived, but maybe that's because I forgot how DD ended. JB continues to be born to play this role.
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 19, 2017, 5:24 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #29

Alright, I finished it. So good. I wonder how many buckets of blood they went through.
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 10:14 AM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #30

I'm only three episodes in but so far definitely the best Marvel/Netflix outing since Daredevil.
    From
    Chicago
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 12:05 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #31

I watched the whole series on Friday and as a Long time Punisher fan I loved every minute of it! By far the best show Marvel has done and certainly the best screen adaptation of Frank Castle. Great Story and fantastic cast, my hats off to the crew for this one!
    From
    Haleiwa, HI
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 1:28 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #32

Watched it all, and loved it. Well, most of it. The parts that I didn't care for was the whole Government conspiracy, which Cayman Shen also mentioned, and the Lewis Wilson angle.

Jon Bernthal IS the Punisher!! Microchip was a bit annoying at times, but I really dug the relationship that they developed, especially at the end of EP 12.

Am I the only one crushing on Karen Page? LOL.
    From
    New Hampshire, USA
    3 Weeks Ago  Nov 20, 2017, 1:59 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #33

Rupert_Angier said: View Post

Am I the only one crushing on Karen Page? LOL.
    You are definitely not alone on that!
    1 Week Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 3:10 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #34

I finished this up last night, it really was good! The only thing I thought was a weak bit of writing was the ease with which "Pete" got so close to Micro's family. Any way you look at it, Jon Bernthal is a scary looking dude. I can't believe she would just let this homeless looking guy right into her house and just start opening up to him. Okay, and even if she did, once she found out he was Frank, she is just willing to lie to the police about it? She had no idea he was working with her husband or anything else related to the story. All she knows is Frank Castle is, and has been, all over the news as someone who goes around violently killing people.

I guess Billy is going to be Jigsaw now? As one who still has his original first appearance of the Punisher in Spider-man (Oh, I forget the number) I was kind of hoping for The Jackal.
    Last edited by Laspector; 1 Week Ago at 3:16 PM.
    From
    Seattle, WA
    1 Week Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 3:33 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #35

Laspector said: View Post
    I finished this up last night, it really was good! The only thing I thought was a weak bit of writing was the ease with which "Pete" got so close to Micro's family. Any way you look at it, Jon Bernthal is a scary looking dude. I can't believe she would just let this homeless looking guy right into her house and just start opening up to him. Okay, and even if she did, once she found out he was Frank, she is just willing to lie to the police about it? She had no idea he was working with her husband or anything else related to the story. All she knows is Frank Castle is, and has been, all over the news as someone who goes around violently killing people.

I guess Billy is going to be Jigsaw now? As one who still has his original first appearance of the Punisher in Spider-man (Oh, I forget the number) I was kind of hoping for The Jackal.

It was kind of out of left field for me, too, but then I looked Jigsaw up and it made sense :
    Jigsaw.PNG
  11. RPF Premium Member Soulinertia's Avatar
    From
    Colorado
    1 Week Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 4:30 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #36

I thought it was a very solid show. I liked it a little more than DD. I'm a big fan of Bernthal and looking forward to the next installment!

Some of those action scenes were so brutal! I'll never look at a sledge hammer the same.
    From
    N.S. Canada
    1 Week Ago  Nov 28, 2017, 6:29 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #37

I liked it, I didn't love it, but I liked it more than any of the other film adaptions. I think Ray Stevenson was a better Punisher then Berenthal, but not what I would consider the definitive actor for the character. I hope in season 2 Berenthal loses the Simple Jack haircut as well. Man that bugged me.
    Watching the series finally got me to order the entire Punisher MAX run on Amazon. I've read it before, but have been waiting for all the volumes to be released, or at least have a release date before I ordered physical copies.
    From
    Cincinnati, OH
    1 Week Ago  Nov 29, 2017, 11:40 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #38

I finished it for the second time yesterday. My lord what a show. Awesome and BRUTAL. It's been said many times before, but man is Jon Bernthal a tremendous actor, and born to play Frank Castle. I'd slot this right behind DD s1.

Really enjoyed how they tied in Frank's story with government conspiracies and how they examined veterans adjusting to life after war through various lenses.

The only real issue I noticed was what others have said - how weird it was that Sarah lies to the cops and defends 'Pete' after she finds out he's the murdering psychopath Frank Castle. I got the feeling that she realized the cop who was in her house wasn't actually a cop and was somebody bad, but how would she know not to trust him? And how did she figure out so quickly that there were bad people after Frank?

Love the ending scene. It's so heartbreaking..."First time in my life I don't have a war to fight. And I guess, if I'm gonna be honest... I'm scared."

I really wonder what's next for Frank. He seems to finally be moving on from The Punisher. Maybe he'll try settling down with Karen? I'm guessing that will happen and a really pissed off Billy Russo will come back to make his life miserable. Excited to see what's next.
  14. RPF Janitor RPF Premium Member Lear60man's Avatar
    1 Week Ago  Nov 30, 2017, 2:58 AM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #39

I totally tricked the wife into watching it with me. Ive been on a roll picking good binge TV (GOT, Mindhunter etc) that she went with it. 3 episodes in, she is as hooked as I. Im not a big fan of gore, but he sure knows how to dish it out.
    1 Week Ago  Dec 3, 2017, 5:18 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #40

Thain said: View Post
    I finished it for the second time yesterday. My lord what a show. Awesome and BRUTAL. It's been said many times before, but man is Jon Bernthal a tremendous actor, and born to play Frank Castle. I'd slot this right behind DD s1.

Really enjoyed how they tied in Frank's story with government conspiracies and how they examined veterans adjusting to life after war through various lenses.

The only real issue I noticed was what others have said - how weird it was that Sarah lies to the cops and defends 'Pete' after she finds out he's the murdering psychopath Frank Castle. I got the feeling that she realized the cop who was in her house wasn't actually a cop and was somebody bad, but how would she know not to trust him? And how did she figure out so quickly that there were bad people after Frank?

Love the ending scene. It's so heartbreaking..."First time in my life I don't have a war to fight. And I guess, if I'm gonna be honest... I'm scared."

I really wonder what's next for Frank. He seems to finally be moving on from The Punisher. Maybe he'll try settling down with Karen? I'm guessing that will happen and a really pissed off Billy Russo will come back to make his life miserable. Excited to see what's next.
    Her first warning was the guy inviting himself in to look around and the giveaway was asking about her daughter. How'd he know considering it didn't show him look at a picture or anything - and why would he even care if she were home or not if simply looking for Castle?
  16. RPF Janitor RPF Premium Member Lear60man's Avatar
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 5:20 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #41

Ok finished it last night. Im a little bummed. I really liked the epic battle when he was fighting with DD. That was what I was expecting from this. Not the touchy feely ending. Im gonna re watch DD to get the ending I wanted.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 6:28 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #42

I'm 3 - 4 episodes in so far and I'm liking, for me, it's right up there with Dare Devil. The only thing that I don't like is that the paranoid nutjob in the vet group was wearing an NRA hat and later an NRA shirt, basically a liberal Hollywood writer's stereotype of an NRA member/gun owner. I'm also not overly keen on the whole vet group, I'm not denying that there are vets out that are seriously suffering from PTSD and that there are probably support groups like this out there, but the way they portray feels a bit too much like the classic messed up vet cliche/trope that we've seen in Hollywood since the '60s and the Vietnam war. Those two critiques aside, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and it's much better than Iron Fist was and I rather enjoyed Iron Fist, as bad as it was.
    6 Days Ago  Dec 5, 2017, 7:10 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #43

Riceball said: View Post
    I'm 3 - 4 episodes in so far and I'm liking, for me, it's right up there with Dare Devil. The only thing that I don't like is that the paranoid nutjob in the vet group was wearing an NRA hat and later an NRA shirt, basically a liberal Hollywood writer's stereotype of an NRA member/gun owner. I'm also not overly keen on the whole vet group, I'm not denying that there are vets out that are seriously suffering from PTSD and that there are probably support groups like this out there, but the way they portray feels a bit too much like the classic messed up vet cliche/trope that we've seen in Hollywood since the '60s and the Vietnam war. Those two critiques aside, I'm liking what I'm seeing so far and it's much better than Iron Fist was and I rather enjoyed Iron Fist, as bad as it was.
    The NRA doesn't publish statistics, but I would assume that a lot of former military vets are probably members or at least support what the NRA does, so whether or not it was a liberal Hollywood jab at the NRA, it's probably accurate. You'll find out by the end why the group is important though, keep watching.
    6 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 3:53 AM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #44

I'm at Ep 7 now and I gotta say, I'm really loving it. Jon Bernthal screaming when he goes on a rampage is just what I needed from the Punisher Way better than Iron Fist, it's a tie for me between this and Jessica Jones but that might change when I finish the whole season.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 1:50 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #45

Cephus said: View Post
    The NRA doesn't publish statistics, but I would assume that a lot of former military vets are probably members or at least support what the NRA does, so whether or not it was a liberal Hollywood jab at the NRA, it's probably accurate. You'll find out by the end why the group is important though, keep watching.
    I think you misundertood what I was saying. My problem with the character wasn't that he was a vet and a member of the NRA, I have 0 problems with that, my problem was portraying as a far right wing conspiracy nut and an NRA member and thus playing into just about every anti-gun stereotype about the NRA and its members.
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 2:25 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #46

I think you misundertood what I was saying. My problem with the character wasn't that he was a vet and a member of the NRA, I have 0 problems with that, my problem was portraying as a far right wing conspiracy nut and an NRA member and thus playing into just about every anti-gun stereotype about the NRA and its members.
    And that's fine, it probably does. So what? It isn't like those people aren't out there, this isn't just making something up out of whole cloth and it certainly doesn't pretend like *ALL* of the vets are crazed killers or anything, in fact, they're almost all played very sympathetically. But there is one guy who is a conspiracy nut and someone else who has mental problems who is led astray. It isn't like the whole group is out there gunning people down in the street. In fact, the group demonstrably helps people. But like I said, you have to watch to the end for that.
    From
    Walnut, CA
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 2:50 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #47

Cephus said: View Post
    And that's fine, it probably does. So what? It isn't like those people aren't out there, this isn't just making something up out of whole cloth and it certainly doesn't pretend like *ALL* of the vets are crazed killers or anything, in fact, they're almost all played very sympathetically. But there is one guy who is a conspiracy nut and someone else who has mental problems who is led astray. It isn't like the whole group is out there gunning people down in the street. In fact, the group demonstrably helps people. But like I said, you have to watch to the end for that.
    True, but there was no reason for him to wear NRA gear except to sell the far right conspiracy nut angle because of the stereotype of the NRA & gun owners by extension being basically evil & conspiracy nuts. It's a tired and false stereotype and they could have just as easily sold the character as a conspiracy nut without the addition of the NRA wardrobe and pamphlet.
    5 Days Ago  Dec 6, 2017, 4:24 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #48

True, but there was no reason for him to wear NRA gear except to sell the far right conspiracy nut angle because of the stereotype of the NRA & gun owners by extension being basically evil & conspiracy nuts. It's a tired and false stereotype and they could have just as easily sold the character as a conspiracy nut without the addition of the NRA wardrobe and pamphlet.
    And there's no reason for him not to. As I said, I'd assume a huge number of former and present military are also NRA members, they even have a special classification for disbled vets. Why couldn't they just say "all military people are crazy"? Then you'd be complaining that they put him in the military. I think it's getting upset about nothing, but you can do as you wish.
    4 Days Ago  Dec 7, 2017, 6:34 PM - Re: Marvel's The Punisher #49

Just finished it. God, I love it. I'm looking forward to a second season.