New Luke ESB lightsaber

Book Generations Science Fiction 02 (2).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think it's a Kobold. the base knurl is too thick. More like that on the bottom of a Strobonar 64b. The red button is also not a graflex part. And yes, it looks like it has transcriptor knobs in the sockets, but with a bit of a shallower slope.

Dan

This is pretty sick, we've always used that "empty graflex" in discussions and it's wonderful to see the prop out of that image! Can't wait for more info.

And thats a pretty clever "severed hand" bit there too

I see silver paint up top that's been rubbed off near the bulb socket. the rest of the saber top half looks like the original Graflex finish. Remember that bladed stunt sold at auction? That was painted silver too, to keep light from reflecting so much.

So does this mean that the other severed hand being touted as original is fake?

It might have been a first attempt, or another try at filming that scene. This prop/prosthetic seems to match the screen version to me, with the way theres a "sleeve section" with a handle

View attachment 620113

- - - Updated - - -

Don't think it's a Kobold. the base knurl is too thick. More like that on the bottom of a Strobonar 64b. The red button is also not a graflex part. And yes, it looks like it has transcriptor knobs in the sockets, but with a bit of a shallower slope.

Dan
Zoom in on the image you posted the bit where it joins has a small curve, and if you look at the band between the track it looks like the slider groove for that little switch on the Kobold. The one I used on my Vader has a bottom identical to this with the knurling pattern.

- - - Updated - - -

Just noticed too you can see the bulb holder too. Kobold for sure.

Thank you so much man!

I would say it's just a turned piece of metal, but it's dirtier than the graflex tube. It does actually look like it came from something..

and were​ there wider transcriptor knobs?

it looks like the knurled shoulder of the Kobold is flat..

Also, shooting in the dark...Whoa, what if the second red button on the ESB hero came off this monstrosity, and then they had to mock up a "hand" saber and made do? Also, this throws another graflex into the mix, the ANH hero could have been any of these, it seems they had quite a few

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back