New Luke ESB lightsaber

A previous thought was a water pistol water stopper with the retainer cut away. Has the Kobold red bulb cover been ruled out? I'm sure those familiar with it would have positively identified it as the correct piece if it was. It makes sense, with the fact the Kobold was used, to use the red cover for the button(if model at hand).

Had to bend of some j channel at work today. Had me thinking of you guys
89e93e331c960535228d6c6941ea57f2.jpg

Note: The marks on the plastic are not from a poor fit, rather the cap was previously removed by the person's teeth when drinking.

I wouldn't be surprised if the costume dept used anything on hand for the red button. Heck, they could have lathed the bushing. I'm pretty certain the washer underneath is an old fiber washer!

I wouldn't be surprised if the costume dept used anything on hand for the red button. Heck, they could have lathed the bushing. I'm pretty certain the washer underneath is an old fiber washer!
Similarly to the top coin edge of the Kobold? A once over for fitting perhaps.
p.s. This is the first lightsaber I've seen displayed. Anyone else seen it displayed?

Having a minor melt-down over here. There IS something in the glass eye socket, it's flat, flush with the outside and has a hole in the center. It yellowed in the high flash of that other picture.

Thank you tumblr...

tumblr_oj2xprAiav1s2wio8o1_1280.jpg

and a hard copy in less resolution.

tumblr_oj2xprAiav1s2wio8o1_1280.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Also, there's a black dot on the fake button. What if it is a stupid drill stop with a set screw...

Thanks for sharing. I suspect the glass eye could be one of those fibre washers you say are used, snug in the threading. In time and transport something that may have been there could have been lost, if something on top like the button.

- - - Updated - - -

...also it may have even been something the flashgun photographer used, with the hole for the test light! Haha

Haha, The other images show the knurling.

That close up makes me think even more that knob is a drill stop, or something with a set screw.

The glint in the glass eye socket may mean the "filler" is set below the threads / rim.

- - - Updated - - -

showing the knurling on the cone knobs. Also... the set screw on that knob is just out of eyesight on this photo of the red button

Sharing a quick thought. The Star Wars productions have used airguns. The thought of 'sawn off airgun barrel???'("set screw hole" mentioned, gun sight base???) I don't much suspect it, sharing the thought anyway.

Filler in the eye socket.

View attachment 772214

Thank you - gosh that looks like a black spot of paint. I do see a metal part in the on-set photos, I seriously wonder what was stuck on there.

Good news for me - I used a Larbel top, shattered part of the empty blade socket, and already put a lump of filler in there. I'll just add more!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back