New Luke ESB lightsaber

Sorry, it doesn't have the button. It never did. It's actually gutted. :(

I'm guessing you're not interested in a trade without those parts.

Yeah, sorry Dann :( So it's just the nickel plated tube? No guts at all? Crazy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, pretty sure I used the guts for another Graflex, but the telegraph button was never there.

Still, I do reckon it's a rare part.

Oh that's the one with the thick black band at the top of the grips. Only a poor image existed until now. No clamp ( @Marv; was right). Fake control box.
PoSW image:
http://www.partsofsw.com/images/lsesb_handvers.jpg

Now I can finish my replica properly.
http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=225591&page=2&p=3465483&viewfull=1#post3465483
I'm excited to say I think the height of the fake red button is 5/16"

it happens to be the height of a real red button too I think, anyway, I picked up some shiny spacers and they look almost exactly like the posw photo and similar to the book photos.

trouble is, they look 1/16 too thin. They are 11/16 wide, the diameter of the beer tab, and 7/16 on the inside. I think it's a trick of the light. Here they are flipped, and each side has different beveling! I selected the one with the least and tried it with my Caplugs. Since this is an old Larbel, I actually have to put some pins in the socket!

I also think the washer underneath is an 11/16 OD Fiber washer - does anyone have any from some old equipment?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    828 KB · Views: 325
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    402.6 KB · Views: 290
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    589.1 KB · Views: 291
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    615.4 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    629.7 KB · Views: 283
Here we go! I drilled holes to epoxy some fake graflex pins in the rear socket.

I then drilled out a TINY washer to make my own beer tab rivet washer (that sits between the beer tab and the flash) and epoxied that in.

Now, i realized with the correct height, the red button sits a little lower than it should...i realize the Fiber Washer sitting under the red button may boost it up...but the fiber washers i found are almost like rings - so i popped a Nylon washer (11/16 in diameter) in there. They must be standard things my dad has tons of them in the basement.

Now im waiting on some fiber washers and i can probably glue all this together- cant imagine how else it could be sitting on the beer tab?

Attachments

• IMG_0676.JPG
    IMG_0676.JPG
    559.3 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0675.JPG
    IMG_0675.JPG
    629.4 KB · Views: 304
  • IMG_0674.JPG
    IMG_0674.JPG
    727.1 KB · Views: 302
So, I really didn't need the white Nylon washer.

I got a UK sourced 11/16" fiber washer, had to file it half a millimeter thinner and slid it underneath the beer tab. It holds the red cap in place no problem. I'm assuming I have to glue all this together, the beer tab kinda floats and holds everything up a bit.

What does everyone think?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    786.5 KB · Views: 285
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 280
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 282
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 288
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    618.9 KB · Views: 289
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 278
Thanks!

i used a bit of Gorilla Shock Proof super glue here, since I didn't want to rough up all these surfaces. Red fiber washer, beer tab, red caplug and the chrome spacer. I even filed the caplug down a bit for weathering. So far I tapped a flat head screw on the side we don't see in the pictures for support and dropped a glass eye ring in the extra socket

Marcus has the idea of getting the knurling off the kobold like the pictures in this thread and I applaud him, not sure if I'm brave enough for that

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    368.7 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    582.8 KB · Views: 295
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 288
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    363.6 KB · Views: 287
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    622.4 KB · Views: 173
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    669.1 KB · Views: 291
WP_20170818_23_32_22_Pro.jpgI found a piece of draught excluder in the road and slid the rubber and fibre strip out, bar a piece of it cut and put in place with a screw. The reverse has an adhesive strip. Had to pick that up for it had already been in mind from here.

I see this is not it as its too thin and using something similar in metal seems most likely.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just the screw I added is metal. When I went to bed I noticed this in the frame of a fire door. Too thin, I'm sharing for brainstorming.

Attachments

• wp_ss_20170819_0002.png
    wp_ss_20170819_0002.png
    563.2 KB · Views: 279
  • WP_20170819_07_41_33_Pro.jpg
    WP_20170819_07_41_33_Pro.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 281
So the first thing you have for the box is draft extruder without the rubber insert? Looking for more info!

Also, neat find on the runs, more info would be great

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back