Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Ok so on Page 9 in the maps. The fuselage backplate. #10 is the cutdown wheel strut from the Bandai 1/24 Bf 109e4. This was shared with me a long time ago.

image.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpegimage.jpeg

I've been seeing pieces of that backplate being used over and over on Gold Leader.

http://i1053.photobucket.com/albums/s480/GoldbergArts/Y-Wing Build/LEgg Clips_zpscyzn6guv.jpg

The more I look at the "clips" on the engine nose cones the more convinced I am that they are a hybrid of two kits parts, not just a scratch modification to the Kettingad hook. Aside from the two little rivet bumps, if you look at the image on the left you'll see what appears to be an indentation consistent with what happens sometimes in less well made kits. Does anyone have any clues as to what the little triangular section may have come from?
Dave I was about to start a thread with my suspicions about this combo , as its my major mystery for both y-wing and the five foot falcon I wanted to throw some ideas out and see if it jogged any military model builders memories for possible kit contenders .
i wanted to break it out as it could quickly fill up the build threads
let me know if I'll go ahead

Vac - Since this is a part ID thread and not a build thread I would think it would be fine here. But I didn't start the thread so I don't want to speak for the originator.

- - - Updated - - -

By the way, if anyone can make this part in 3D (or the whole assembly) like the actual kit parts, I'd be interested in them. This is one of the more difficult to mold pieces left on the Y. And I'm not sure if my skills are up to making a mold for it.

I was thinking about 3D modeling the whole clip/strut assembly. Actually I've already got the struts and rear kit part modeled based on measurements from actual kit partsand have the Kettengrad hook for reference. I'm sure I can get a really accurate 3D model based on these photos (sans dimple!) but if anyone figures out what the little add on part is, that'll be great! My guess is it was cut off of a larger part.

Last edited:
It is just the parts inside the cockpit.....I think someone here posted it a long time ago.....so maybe those parts can be id!!

Attachments

• IMG_0428.JPG
    IMG_0428.JPG
    179.6 KB · Views: 488

Scott Janish, how is this going?!

Ok...wow. Tough post to follow. Hopefully we can get this post back on track.

Scott Graham loaned me a piece of his Holgate and Reynolds sheet to mold for this project. It has taken a while, he has been very patient with me. :)

Does anyone have a survey of the various chip sizes that get used? I want to make castings available, but do not really know how much people will need. I would normally be happy to include plenty of extra, but this stuff is kind of a pain in the rear to cast.

The best pictures I have seen are those being used for the part maps in post one, but they do not do not show all of the chips. If anyone could give me ideas of the needed chip sizes (either individual chips or one big one that would be enough for one Y) that would be great.

Here is a pic of one of the castings.

http://i1059.photobucket.com/albums/t430/silentj1/HR Brick/DSC07315_zpswioh8b4q.jpg

Attention all Y-Wing Builders: the 1/9 Kettenkrad is re-issued, and back on the market. This is good news for Y-Wing builders, as you get 84 track links (and spuds) in each kit, enough to build plenty of Y-Wings, as well as the necessary "Tow Hook" piece for making an original Nacelle Tie-Down Clip, and the big engine block for modifying and making your underside engine block pieces.

Do an Ebay search on NSU HK 101 Kettenkrad Italeri 1/9 IT 7404 model, you'll find plenty. They are still mostly in Italy and UK and China, but should make their way across the pond fairly soon.

Does anybody know which model kit the Paveway laser guided bomb came from in 1975 or 76? This is the piece that goes on top of the "mystery greeblies" of the alleged ship conning tower that is as yet unidentified. I thought the bomb was from either the Crown, Otaki, or Entex F-14A in 1/144 scale, but none of those have any GBU missiles/bombs in them. I can find a laser guided bomb in 1/144 on the aftermarket, but I'm wondering if the source kit of this one greeblie has ever been positively identified? Thanks for any pointers.

Does anybody know which model kit the Paveway laser guided bomb came from in 1975 or 76? This is the piece that goes on top of the "mystery greeblies" of the alleged ship conning tower that is as yet unidentified. I thought the bomb was from either the Crown, Otaki, or Entex F-14A in 1/144 scale, but none of those have any GBU missiles/bombs in them. I can find a laser guided bomb in 1/144 on the aftermarket, but I'm wondering if the source kit of this one greeblie has ever been positively identified? Thanks for any pointers.
I've never tried to ID it but I wouldn't be surprised if its from an Airfix kit.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

I was looking through the blurry Kettenkrad scan I have again and noticed a piece I've been wondering about for a long time. Any thoughts on one or both of these being the neon green part I think they are for anyone who knows or may have the kit for a look?
View attachment 648310

View attachment 648311

Not sure if Big Dog got this from a previous post (in a different thread), but this green part (in Attachment 648311, 2nd pic) I have ID'ed positively as the #50 (gangway) piece from the original/vintage Otaki 1/600 Yamato. If anyone else (besides Big Dog) is updating parts maps, please include this.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back