Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Oops. I was following up my own post and didn't notice that. Thanks!

PS: have you guys noticed the partial x-wing droid strip on the rear sides? I think we'll need one of those to cut up.

Post #52 Scott.

Oops. I was following up my own post and didn't notice that. Thanks!

PS: have you guys noticed the partial x-wing droid strip on the rear sides? I think we'll need one of those to cut up.

Where exactly are you referring?

I haven't colored in all the mentioned kits yet:

oneMore.png

I have received plenty of help through PM's to answer many of the parts I have been identifying and showing here. Which bird is this the bottom of? It's not the Red Jammer since the 8rad pieces are reversed for the neck sides. And do we know if the underside is the same on them all?

I have these B&W reference of the MOM Y-Wing which it seems to match up with.
VEH_IA_200.jpgVEH_IA_204_R.jpg

Those green cylinders the map, attributed to the matilda, I think are from the bandai 1/15 hummel. The hummel is also used on the wing assemblies. It's the tan pieces you can see in photos with kit parts shown. One part is the base and the cylindrical part is half a gas mask canister. I'm not sure if it's ok to repost someone else's pics.

I also got 90 percent of the firewall of the cockpit solved, but don't know if it's ok to repost the pics for a map.

PM sent

Those green cylinders the map, attributed to the matilda, I think are from the bandai 1/15 hummel. The hummel is also used on the wing assemblies. It's the tan pieces you can see in photos with kit parts shown. One part is the base and the cylindrical part is half a gas mask canister. I'm not sure if it's ok to repost someone else's pics.

I also got 90 percent of the firewall of the cockpit solved, but don't know if it's ok to repost the pics for a map.

- - - Updated - - -

I haven't colored in all the mentioned kits yet:

View attachment 621305

I have received plenty of help through PM's to answer many of the parts I have been identifying and showing here. Which bird is this the bottom of? It's not the Red Jammer since the 8rad pieces are reversed for the neck sides. And do we know if the underside is the same on them all?

Very good question on if all undersides are the same on all studio models. Anyone have any ideas on this?

Oops~! Not Matilda but Pay Hauler. Sorry about that.

Yeah, MOTM Y.

I also have a note that the Payhauler cylinders are bracketed between Scammel parts, but I haven't pulled a Scammel kit to check.

Yep, they are. Scammell parts, or should I say one part cut.

Sent from my SM-N915W8 using Tapatalk

That was what I suspected but the kit scans showed the trailer from top/bottom.

Which Nichimo kit did you use for much of the firewall? I have scans of the Jagdtiger & and Tiger II(King Tiger I think?) And couldn't tell which if these frames was used for the left and right side base for the firewall. They have minor differences. And whichever one is used I'm sure was used for the rear engine at the back of the main body.

Nichimo kit, Tamiya 25 PDR and Tamiya 8rad get you really far on the firewall. I only haven't figured the triangular frame looking pieces and the top most grey piece which is heavily riveted looking.

Nichimo kit, Tamiya 25 PDR and Tamiya 8rad get you really far on the firewall. I only haven't figured the triangular frame looking pieces and the top most grey piece which is heavily riveted looking.
Panzer III M/N looks like your friend for the triangular frame pieces, they're stand-offs for the Schurzen (armour plates/skirts).
The grey bit is two parts, both of them are also from the 8Rad....

Last edited:

The nichimo kit I have is the tiger II, not the jagdtiger. It seems to work, and technically the actual vehicles were the same in the areas we need. I'm not sure if the jagdtiger mounting point for the mg shows up on the rear deck though. That might be a small difference. The mg barrel needed to go on the Y neck (on 8 rad chassis) is only in the jagdtiger kit, so that might be the best choice of kit to get. But I've laid out the cuts needed in the hull for the firewall with the tiger II and it works.

It's interesting how the panzer iii, 25 pounder and 8 rad make up most of the firewall. I just kept going back to those kits for most of it. I don't know the airplane struts used though, and the pieces that attach to them.

Thanks to the great photos of the firewall in other threads, it's not so tough to ID most of it!

The struts between the 25 pounder center and Tiger sides are from the 1/48 Otaki P-51D Mustang. The strut that sits off to the right over top of the 25 Pounder plate is from the Airfix F4 Phantom. There's more Scammel bits on it, too. And the Heller LaSeine, which is cheapest/easiest to get in the 1/400 "Task Force" set - you get a Clemenceau too!

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back