Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

Fantastic information so far!
I have updated page 1. Will someone please double check and make sure all is correct.
The kit list has been updated as well.

DQLk25l.jpg
Here are the few I have of the other side of the neck for now. The messerschmitt/ kettenkrad part is just smacked on there sideways compared to the left side of the ship! I don't know the parts inside the 8rad hull yet. Haven't had the time to look. The piece to the left of the hull with the rectangular cut outs is from a Bandai kit or some rarer kit I don't have a scan of I think. I'm having trouble getting reference or scans for many Bandai kits so I'm not sure. Pretty sure the 1/15 Hummel is used to hold the L'Eggs on to the shuttle fuselages in the foreground. I have plenty of parts I want to confirm but no kits to confirm the information :) haha. Oh well. Hopefully someone with the SSM resource or any of these rare and valuable kits will be generous enough to chime in with confirmation. In time I'm sure we will get all of this :)

You can remove the '(rear engine detail)' text from the Nichimo Tiger on the set list. I was just describing the part which I believe comes from that kit.
You can to add these kits:

Airfix 1/76 Amphibious Buffalo and Jeep
Airfix 1/72 Phantom

Bandai 1/15 Hummel

Italeri 1/35 155mm Gun M1-A2 Howitzer

Tamiya 1/35 British 25PDR. Field Gun

lMUR1fl.jpg
^Here is the updated map with the landing gear people mentioned!

I have no issue continuing these part maps for the first post and very much enjoy creating these for everyone to use as it makes things clear and very visual to understand. Keep the part ID's coming everyone! We are doing a nice job so far. I read that the Amphibious Buffalo kit has many parts on the upper neck. I don't have the kit or scans to confirm but maybe someone can help with those ID's.

Last edited:

View attachment 620402

Far right unhighlited part within the 8rad hull is from Saturn V.
The thin horizontal thing is a MG-34 barrel from any number of Tamiya 1/35 armor kits.
The round disc is from the Kettenkrad, IIRC.
Within the highlighting on the 8-rad are a couple of added, tiny little clip-like parts, shaped like )=(, from the Nichimo Jagdtiger. (EDIT: I think you already observed that)
This is from memory, I have this written down somewhere and will contribute further within a couple days.

Is that bit, in the middle of the 8 rad part, from the harrow? It looks like a train part.

- - - Updated - - -

Is that bit, in the middle of the 8 rad part, from the harrow? It looks like a train part.

Far right unhighlited part within the 8rad hull is from Saturn V. The thin horizontal thing is a MG-34 barrel from any number of Tamiya 1/35 armor kits. The round disc is from the Kettenkrad, IIRC. Within the highlighting on the 8-rad are a couple of added, tiny little clip-like parts, shaped like )=(, from the Nichimo Jagdtiger. (EDIT: I think you already observed that) This is from memory, I have this written down somewhere and will contribute further within a couple days.
Thank you for the help! I had received the Saturn and Kettenkrad in a PM, but hadn't noticed the Nichimo gun barrel as the thin part inside the hull. You can even see where they filed off a piece of the barrel for it when compared to the original kit piece! I'd like to thank you for your original Y-Wing thread which goes as far back as 2001 on this forum! I found that thread very helpful. Too bad the whole thread wasn't transferred when domains switched! Would someone be able to share an image of the Mustang piece that belongs inside the 8rad hull? Is it just one large piece that goes there? I have not found a scan of that kit yet. Here is this updated map for the moment!
rjzQG2w.jpg Engine ID's I have started on:

Last edited:

Tox is this the piece you hinted at located all over the Y? This is a piece from the Tamiya 1/35 Kampfwagen III Ausf.N:
mystery_part_Y.png
Edit: Upon closer look I think BOTH of the below are used. #1 is used on the right side of the neck, but I believe #2 is used further back in the rear of the Y.
mystery_part_Y.png
Edit 2: Haha at least one of these is definitely used. I created a notes list a week or two ago reading threads and I specifically noted that this kit held a "strip with 3 rectangles cut out".

Last edited:

Aren't Steve Neisen's and Julien's threads great reference?! Thanks to those guys there are some great kit part shots in this forum.

T6L2Wdh.jpg
Most recent here. I know a few more in the background but would be unclear in this image (and I'm running out of diff colors haha). Wishing I knew which landing gear is next to the Centurion piece. And I believe the brown part between the Kettenkrad parts is from the Airfix 1/72 Focke Wulf. Can anyone confirm or disagree as to what scale it might be?

Last edited:
This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back