Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project - open source

Re: Y-Wing Parts Map for the "Green Leader" Project

These are really hard to see in your pic, but they're things I've found from kits used elsewhere on the Y:

Attachments

• some-finds.jpg
    some-finds.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 385

Thanks a lot Scott I was having a lot of trouble with finding those pieces! Great ID's!

Ghost_piece.png

Would this piece happen to be from the Aurora HMS King George? Maybe it's late and I'm seeing things but I thought it looked very similar to a piece I can kind of make out in eBay images...

Thanks to Scott's images of his Y I was able to see where 2 new pieces were from since they looked like Fujimi pieces. I wasn't able to see the one piece though in the scan I'm mapping from the MoM though.

And I have no clue what the orange piece on the left side is. I see people's builds and that it is a blue kit piece but I've not seen a type of kit with that color pieces. Any hints?

Back_Underside_Revised.png

Pretty sure the part I boxed in red is from the 1/25 Centurion (part C 43)

Pretty sure the part I boxed in red is from the 1/25 Centurion (part C 43)

Thanks for that Hammer! I was never quite comfortable with how I colored that area of the Nichimo Yamato but I see it now! I had to revise my entire image and start over with a new way to be able to erase colorings in case I've made other mistakes haha.I believe I've updated it with all I know and am publicly aware of.

Version_2.0RearUnderside.png

No problem. Your maps looks awesome. In fact you should maybe start a new thread for mapping Red Jammer.

This one is getting cluttered and confusing with incorrect ID'S. (Guilty)

This is coming from my phone, expect errors.

Big Dog, I'll give you whatever photos I can of the kit parts.

Use Photoshop and one layer for each colored part, save as a photoshop file so you can edit it later and as a jpg to be able to post it.

Thanks for the tip! That is exactly what I did this time around for the latest image I've posted. So now I erase highlighting without ruining the image itself. Thanks I wish I had thought of this the first time around!

And maybe later this weekend when I have some more free time I will begin a different thread where I can post more maps like the underside ones I've made with images of most(or all) parts being used.

I was looking through the blurry Kettenkrad scan I have again and noticed a piece I've been wondering about for a long time. Any thoughts on one or both of these being the neon green part I think they are for anyone who knows or may have the kit for a look?
potential_donor_1.jpg

port_question.png

I have the kit but I'm away at work for 2 weeks. I'm sure someone else will step up. Looks pretty close tho.

It's definitely not Kettenkrad,dang I should take note everytime ID'ing parts,I think it's from a naval,need to check back..

Don

It's definitely not Kettenkrad,dang I should take note everytime ID'ing parts,I think it's from a naval,need to check back..

Don

Ok thank you! Could it be a ship railing? Any guess on which brand it might be so I could focus a search? It's such a bland piece on the model it's frustrating how little detail it has on it haha.

Ok thank you! Could it be a ship railing? Any guess on which brand it might be so I could focus a search? It's such a bland piece on the model it's frustrating how little detail it has on it haha.

Yes,you should focus on the major parts used on the Y,Kettenkrad is a must have kit,you'll have better look on the kit in hand not just looking at the scan:)

Don

That part makes me think of chromed exhaust pipes from one or more of the race car kits in our world..

I need someone to take over making pages like that in the first post.

We are currently dealing with health issues as it appears that Kristine's cancer is trying to make a comeback. We do not have confirmation until the biopsy is done on Monday and then speak to her doctor on Friday for the results.

Please keep up the great work here it really is appreciated by many.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back