STUDIO SCALE X WING MODEL IDENTIFICATION.. can you help

Julian if this seems aggressive to you that's your problem. All I'm saying is there's no need for the constant innuendo that you and others sometime provide when talking about other people's work. Kokkari stated that he has first hand knowledge that the kit is not copied. So instead of you just saying "oops,my bad",you stay silent. I think an apology is owed to Ray. And oh if this is overly aggressive to you then let me apologize in advance. Stop policing everyone's work and threads.

Here are the 2 versions next to each other. I took this own day as I was home alone nerding out pondering some of the real important questions in life like;

If Darth Vader can choke someone out via video conference, why doesn't he just choke out all the rebel key players from the comfort of his meditation chamber? Game over!
and

If the turbo lasers along the trench were shooting and missed, aren't they gonna hit the death star?

and

Why the hell is Yoda such a giant %$#@*?
20160119_131137.jpg

BIFF, POWWW KAZAAAM... Here we go, I didn't want to start a war. easy now rebel soldiers.

Nice one kokkari, really appreciate that.

Yes, I have both kits and can confirm it's not a modified Salzo. The fuselage is based off a maxi brute. I posted all the details about the kit here. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251807 Ray is a fantastic guy and put a lot of work into this kit. The engines are from saturn and F4 kits. Everyone can judge for themselves.

Yes, I have both kits and can confirm it's not a modified Salzo. The fuselage is based off a maxi brute. I posted all the details about the kit here. http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=251807 Ray is a fantastic guy and put a lot of work into this kit. The engines are from saturn and F4 kits. Everyone can judge for themselves.

Thanks for the pics ! The droid strip had the same incorrect parts than the CC/V2 that were upgraded with the original kitparts later.

Of course the engine are F4-J and Saturn V, just said the kitparts of Ray's kit has been modified the exact same -wrong- way than the CC/V2 parts, that's all.
OK for the fuselage, I buy the Maxi-Brute story.
Im more curious regarding the cockpit/engines/intakes.

Julian if this seems aggressive to you that's your problem. All I'm saying is there's no need for the constant innuendo that you and others sometime provide when talking about other people's work. Kokkari stated that he has first hand knowledge that the kit is not copied. So instead of you just saying "oops,my bad",you stay silent. I think an apology is owed to Ray. And oh if this is overly aggressive to you then let me apologize in advance. Stop policing everyone's work and threads.
Faustus100, no, Im not saying "oops my bad" for asking if He bought Salzo's master or not, and that's not because someone has been told something by someone else that it's the truth. Anyway, no apology needed, never called Ray a recaster or what, was just asking for the story behind this kit, please read again my post.

And my name is "Julien".

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the 2 versions next to each other. I took this own day as I was home alone nerding out pondering some of the real important questions in life like;

If Darth Vader can choke someone out via video conference, why doesn't he just choke out all the rebel key players from the comfort of his meditation chamber? Game over!
and

If the turbo lasers along the trench were shooting and missed, aren't they gonna hit the death star?

and

Why the hell is Yoda such a giant %$#@*?
View attachment 617656

Nice birds Kokkari, but that's the V4 not the V2 which was 100% different.

As compared to the other Salzos or the Galactic resin? My understanding is that the fuselage has been reworked a bit to be a little beefier on the current version of the Salzo and more rounded towards the front. As for other details, others would know better.

The closer one is the GR

I dont think, the V3/V4 fuselage was patterned by Moe using a pyro fuselage as reference while the GR seems to be made from a Maxi Brute X-Wing fuselage. According to a former Estes guy who worked on the Maxi-Brute, they made from pics and never get access to an original unlike we previously thought.
He posted that somewhere in this studio scale section so if you interested in reading his full post, you can find it.

I dont think, the V3/V4 fuselage was patterned by Moe using a pyro fuselage as reference while the GR seems to be made from a Maxi Brute X-Wing fuselage. According to a former Estes guy who worked on the Maxi-Brute, they made from pics and never get access to an original unlike we previously thought.
He posted that somewhere in this studio scale section so if you interested in reading his full post, you can find it.
Are you speaking of this thread? http://www.therpf.com/showthread.php?t=250349 On page 2 it links a source to studio scale modelers. Where someone who claims to have worked for Estes and basically says what you said. I posted and quoted him in the above thread because I thought it was interesting and was asked to remove it because the person who made these claims was known to make stuff up. Shortly after they had posted that info, they edited their comment and deleted the info about him being "crazy" So who knows?

So, Scott Alexander, aka "Captain Cardboard" sold his patterns to Mike Salzo and Mike has been upgrading a number of these subassemblies between each one of his V.1 and V.4 kits. I have Mike's V.2 and V.3 kits as well, so I can pull those out and take comparison pics of those too, if necessary. I know for a fact that Mike is still offering that CC-kit sourced cockpit as an option with his V.4

So I guess the question I have is, does Mike know that this guy is selling re-casts of the stuff he purchased from Scott? If Mike is completely cool with it, then there's no problem, IMO.

If MIke's actually not cool with it, then there are a number of folks posting in this thread who are shilling for a banned re-caster who owe the rest of us an apology, and not the other way around...

I owe no one an apology. I've been constructively neutral and respectful in this thread. Any information I shared was directly given to me by the creator of the kit. I was merely sharing what I know because I was asked. That's never a crime. I have no agenda or affiliation with this kit other than liking it and liking Ray. Most comments that I made were aimed to difuse the situation. If you ask Julien, I doubt he was offended by anything I said.

Mike

I owe no one an apology. I've been constructively neutral and respectful in this thread. Any information I shared was directly given to me by the creator of the kit. I was merely sharing what I know because I was asked. That's never a crime. I have no agenda or affiliation with this kit other than liking it and liking Ray. Most comments that I made were aimed to difuse the situation. If you ask Julien, I doubt he was offended by anything I said.

So, you are telling us that you don't care if this guy stole another member of this foum's hard work and claimed it as his own in order to sell as many kits on eBay as he could, in direct competition with the actual owner, who still sells his own kit on this board. And you're "neutral" on thievery and "like" the thief and his re-cast X-Wing kit just as much now that you know where he actually got it all.

All good to know!

So, you are telling us that you don't care if this guy stole another member of this foum's hard work and claimed it as his own in order to sell as many kits on eBay as he could, in direct competition with the actual owner, who still sells his own kit on this board. And you're "neutral" on thievery and "like" the thief and his re-cast X-Wing kit just as much now that you know where he actually got it all.

All good to know!

Haha! What judicial system do you operate under? Rediculous! Cmon be an adult. The fact that you said something then came back in 4 hours later and then asked for someone else to ask Mike Sazlo if he knows about it proves to us adults that you're just stirring the pot. Ask him yourself.

Wasnt offended by what you said Mike, the problem came from Faustus100 I guess.
I dont know if the guy from GR is a recaster or was allowed to use those parts for his kit, however if he recast it, that's a shame... But this guy seems dishonest, he was claiming in the YWing description It was a studio scale kit while it was not...
I guess there's a reason he asked to be banned from here.

I totally agree Julien. I would never knowingly purchase stolen or copyrighted material. I'm still learning about SS models. If someone tells me something, I'm most likely going to take their word for it based upon the knowledge I have. The Ebay buyers agreement protects me. There is no deception on my part.

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back