Polar lights NCC-1701 lighting kit

Electronic Lids

Sr Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
$T2eC16N,!ykE9s7tvVrzBRtTt1wHs!--60_57.JPG
Hi folks, Im looking for the best lighting kit to go with the more recent release of Polar Lights Enterprise, i.e. the one pictured.
If anyone cant point me in the right direction Id appreciate it.

I dont want to start building anything until I have it obviously. If anyone has a kit they'd let go I can buy or trade. Open entirely.
Col

Voodoo Effects makes a lighting kit for the nacelles on that model. Say hi to Randy for me if you do.
He also makes a kit for the movie Enterprise; and I'm if you need additional lighting, he could sort you out.

voodoofx.com

If you have plans to light the bridge interior and/or the shuttle bay, your only real choice is the factory Round 2 lighting system since you get clear parts to do either of those assemblies (parts that aren't available anywhere else). Combine those with the Paragrafix etch set to act as light blockers and they can look incredible.

The factory Round 2 system does have some issues with it, but the problems it had early on have been pretty well sorted out and it is the closest thing to a "turn key" lighting system you can find with solderless connectors and hardware. Plus, this is the lighting system that the styrene kit was designed for. Naturally, soldering is the better way to go in spots and on mine I added quick release connectors to mine so I can do updates later on as needed. Yes it uses geared electric motors for the bussard collectors and yes they do make noise, but the appearance looks right. You can always replace them with something else, such as the solid state Tenacontrols bussard boards if you feel the need to do so.

The Polar Lights lighting kit is getting really hard to find. Does anyone have opinions on the two Tenacontrols options (non-rotating and rotating)? The people on YouTube videos for the non-rotating kit say it looks much better in person than on video, but the lack of fan blade shadows concerns me. Any other recommended options?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

The Polar Lights lighting kit is getting really hard to find. Does anyone have opinions on the two Tenacontrols options (non-rotating and rotating)? The people on YouTube videos for the non-rotating kit say it looks much better in person than on video, but the lack of fan blade shadows concerns me. Any other recommended options?

Round2 has said they have ordered more of the lighting kits and expect to offer them again in the 1st quarter of 2018

Round2 has said they have ordered more of the lighting kits and expect to offer them again in the 1st quarter of 2018
That's good to know. I won't be building it for a while anyway.

Does anyone have comments about the Round2 lighting kit vs the 2 Tenacontrols kits? I know the Round2 includes the clear parts and main body lighting that the Tenacontrols doesn't. But Tenacontrols may have better components.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back