jeres space marine build wip

jerewarrior

hi, its Jere here, i decided to make thread about my space marine wip build (been thinking for years now making)

as my materials i have used so far:
contact sement
eva foam mats so far used 3 x 4mats packs
hot glue
pepakura files as templates, scaled for my hight (about 161 cm)

build time now about 50-100 hours
i will add pics when ever my costume / parts are builded or finetuned :D

yours - Jere

big_scale_fun__1__by_jerewarrior-d9zckpo.jpgbig_scale_fun__2__by_jerewarrior-d9zckqa.jpgspace marine wip making  (2).JPGspace_marine_chest_wip_collar__1__by_jerewarrior-d9z46yq.jpgspacemarine_chest_wip_by_jerewarrior-d9z37h5.jpg

thankies :3

here are some pictures how i am going to add more strength to armor parts, becide eva foam support layer glued inside, i am going to create inner support skeleton of some sort, still thinking options for it, next piece to make is maybe new helmet/helmet modifying since my first one is maybe too small for rest of the costume...

yours - jere

helmet_working__2__by_jerewarrior-d9zbzug.jpgspace_marine_wip_making___3__by_jerewarrior-d9zkpl5.jpgspace_marine_wip_making___4__by_jerewarrior-d9zkplf.jpg

today i made mock up of first shoulder pad with eva foam and duct tape (another waits for cutting) ,
cod part is partly assembled for testing

-jere

space marine cod + shlouder pad try on  (1).JPGspace marine cod try on.JPG

small update since i tryied out how cod looks with leg armor parts, need to trim little from bottom to get cod little higher

yours - jere

trying.JPGtrying (2).JPG

here is some try out with both shoulders glued, my sister kindly took some pics for me.

now i can start my plans for internal support frame.

yours - jere

space marine wip try on (1).JPGspace marine wip try on (2).JPG

small update, waiting for my order for miniservos arduino mini copy and some random stuff to create controls to use power fist with my thumb XD

hi for all.

i have got my circuit for controlling servos for powerfist fingers ready which works with one joystick. (still printing parts when ever i have time)

Here some pics from better frame holders being tested using lm8uu bearing holder 3d model finded from thingverse, which
fitted 15 mm pex pipe just right

support frame updated holders (1).JPGsupport frame updated holders (2).JPG

thank you, i will take pics/video when i have all fingers printed and support thingy for them done with servos connected some day at future (have had so much to print...)

today i continued to make my leg supports and plan for knee joint is coming together nicely
here some photos

yours -jere

leg joint progress (1).JPGleg joint progress (2).JPGleg joint progress (3).JPG

here is test video of my powerfist servo thingys, i used ready to install arduino libary to get thumbstick control servos 1 and 2 with x/y axis movements

Last edited by a moderator:
today i have got one knee joint working now only need to find small lock pins to hold knee joint parts inside pex pipes :p.
printing parts to right side leg. and soon some walking tests... as soon as i get some plywood to make supports for shoe holders
into inside of space marine "shoes"
and make shoe holders.

-jere

left side knee joint test (2).JPGleft side knee joint test (1).JPG

allright today i finally made my first succesfull test with servo and one finger, next step is to install two servos at thumb and 3 servos to each other finger once i get them done to see if i can run total of 12-14 dervos with this power supply board that i have for servos and arduino nano copy, i also need to order more mini servos as my idea works :D

video:

hi, small update, i have been busy with designing thingys for my armor and other things aka working and well um girlfriend O///O

so here are some teasers from thigs to come: 3d printed new joints and 3d printed shoulder armor edges (both are self designed :3)

- jere

wip ne wknee nad shoudler armor edges (3d printed) (1).JPGwip ne wknee nad shoudler armor edges (3d printed) (2).JPGwip ne wknee nad shoudler armor edges (3d printed) (3).JPG

thank you :3, i will continue power fist brain storming as soon as i have time to test some ideas.
aka if using big capacitor (10 000 uf) at power line will solve my power lack problem since as i have been testing with one protypish finger it seems that there is lack of power to move all three miniservos at same time at one finger... and i will have like total of 12-14 servos XD

i maybe need to create inside of fingers kind of pulling points = more torgue= less power needed :lol
luckily this space marine project is my do slow project so i have time to think solutions :p

-jere

small sneak peak of my prototype new finger, yes totally inspired by garys awesome fist thingy, but i desided to make own version for miniservo usage from scratch...

been desiging for about a week, soon is time for test print ( maybe tonight) and assembly to see how much i need to change tolerances etc and which points to make/create holders for mini servo :3 ( one per finger part and to do: design rest of two pieces) (i am liking skecthup a lot :D)

-jere

jere finger plate 1 proto.jpg
sides (wip)

jere finger plates.jpg

three main plates + servo mock up (wip)

Cool so far. Keep ne thinking about my start On The SM. So glad that im finish.
i had made The PowerFist without servo

hi for all, i managed to print out almost all parts of my self designed finger, finger part 3 upper and lower parts are still in progress, but i had enough parts for test :devil

-jere

Testing :

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back