jeres space marine build wip

Have you seen "Roy the Robot"? You could easily make a larger version of "his" hand with aluminum or plastics and then cover the mechanism.

I was just thinking the other day about using those kinds of joysticks for something like this. It seems like you could use four in a row, either with your current set up or with a push/pull-to-extend/grip function. The thumb is the only troublesome feature.

Are you intending on have a similar mechanism for the thumb, or trying to simulate the extra degree of motion the thumb has over the other fingers?

hi mithosphere :3 as a part of protype controler i shall use one version of adafruits 16-channel 12-bit pwm/servo shield aka i shall have all servos working at same line which means that when i press button or joystick (dunno yet how to get control working since i havent received my ebay order yet) all servos will move and make fist go closed and as i release the button/joystick fist shall open, simplier is better first :p i do have ideas to when i have fully working prop to try make invidual controls for each finger .

oh and before i forgot here is some eye candy for my upcoming another self designed prop (yes gonna be 3d printed and shall have moving chain XD)

-jere

thingy:

chain sword wip 2.jpgchain sword wip.jpg

i happily got my mini servos yesterday and printed today rest of 4 fingers, only thumb to design and 3d print :3

here some photos after priting of about couple hours and some time taked to fit servos in (sanding etc needed to be done)

View attachment 670438 servos installed at 4 fingers (2).JPG servos installed at 4 fingers (3).JPG

-jere

Last edited:
hi for all :3

today i designed and printed out supports for fingers end parts = need to print 4 ouf these after i tweaked some things to get them stronger,
waiting my 16 channel servo shield and nylon risers from ebay to get finger parts joined and in order to get coding right angles where servos should turn
once circuit is compelete

-jere

here some pics :

finger supports designed and tested (1).JPG

finger supports designed and tested (3).JPG

Attachments

• finger supports designed and tested (2).JPG
    finger supports designed and tested (2).JPG
    2.2 MB · Views: 306
4 fingers end supports have been fixed to eva foam base today, with other side installed supports connection seems nicely sturdy :3

-jere

results after mock upping and support printing (1).JPG results after mock upping and support printing (2).JPG results after mock upping and support printing (3).JPG

i managed to print out chainswords prototype handle lower parts (4 parts 2 of them now printet about 1,5 hours print time each) next i shall print upper parts of handle and mockup whole hande part :3

i also scratched the idea of using adafruits pwm shield for finger, instead i have designed my own servo "splitter"

basicly i shall create splitter which splits singal of joystick to thumb and to fingers, at later stage after i get time to solder first one and test it. i can hopefully then create invidual finger controls just by putting pwm line of servos to on or off and then pushing joystick to move all fingers or just thumb and so on.... i shall draw schematics if this plan is succesfull :wacko

basic arduino programming is done now by visuino with code name: power fist servo controls XD

-jere

mean while print fresh chainsword parts(hand for scale) :

chainsword handle part 1  and 2 of four succesfull test print (2).JPG

Last edited:
hi for all friendly rpf members :3

today my power fist servos controller/splitter has been tested for first time succesfully:lol next thing to do is to either program arduino to limit servos turning degree smaller and set upper truning point max to like 20 degree or try to use small limit switches which would put singal line off at certain point thus preventing over turning problem that i currently have :cry

photo:
P1040004.JPG
video:

Last edited by a moderator:
my second ebay order got here into my arms and was immidetly used to test my project goal of "easily assemble and to fix if breaks prop"

(mean while the overturning problem has been solved by coding my own code from scratch for each servo, which limits the upper rising angle :))

so i am going to use these m3 threaded nylon bolts, nuts and risers as holders of each finger side (right and left)

if part is damaged just unscrew and swap :3

picture, more power fist thingys next week as i have some free days to really forward my power fist
(i have plans to get fist wearable to see how easy it would be to use and get if i just manage leg armors and cod part wearable)

ebay order came and being used.JPG

- jere

thank you leclubnerd :3 its been long road into this point of power fist, so much things to consider
hopefully next week i can show some nice finger moves :p

-jere

hi, its beem lo´ng 12 ish hours of making adjusting tand thinking

i am almost there for having first protype fully done

i only need to get my order of shrunk cap 3m screw and i should get my prototype inside of eva foam top part ...

some pics and video little later from tired jere

(needing coffee)

i had some odd problem at my last post with pics so hope fully these photos work

i have been making controls as small as possible after finding copy of wiichuck :D

after i got home, i taked all parts out dremmeled some space and got nice tidy place for
arduino nano and most of my control things

this new kinda final controller still needs small on off swithces some wirings etc but it will
be really comfortable

i have also added fuse to power line which is smaller than 9amps max of step down regulator :3

- jere

photos

hacked wiichuck with arduino thingys.JPGfist updates (2).JPGfist updates (1).JPG

its been while since i posted :facepalm, so small update is more than needed.
i started to make some starwars costumes for me and my gf (gotta start gf`s one soon) which tkaed some time and i also had small lack of motivation but i am back more or less :D i have managed to get attack plan to continue my chainsword thingy, i am trying to 3d print rest of handle parts this week and if they are success, i shall move to test print some blade parts also.

i am currently waiting some screws for my power fist to get solution for "damn too tall screw heads" which hopefully will be no longer problem after i get my eaby order of hdd screws (these srews have small screw head part), after that i will model hopefully final versions for each finger and get into electronics (buttons etc and getting new smaller arduino to work)

meanwhile some (wip) skecthup plans/photos for any awesome rpf members or random reader :)

only need to make slicing and some tweaks to get printing.jpg handle chainsword 2 parts upper.jpg handle chainsword 2 parts upper cutted.jpg

i have put chainsword on hold for now, i need to install plexiglass covers to my printer to get higer parts with abs filament, but most likely i shall order some pla when i shall continue chainsword.

instead i continued to work with powerfist, and i have got smallest finger part into final stage = i can print this part for all fingers minus thumb, yay :p

final stage means = fully closed, easy to open and maintain finger part

this finger part speeds ups others as i have now basic measurements to make others final versions

pics tell always more:

first finger part is at its final stage (2).JPG first finger part is at its final stage (3).JPG first finger part is at its final stage (1).JPGfirst finger part is at its final stage (4).JPG first finger part is at its final stage (5).JPG

Last edited:
allright, i got couple free days from work, which i am using for making power fist, today i have printed lots of parts, and i should get all others fingers done except thumb, which i need to create combining right allready modeled finger parts :3

i am also keeping hope up tp get making new servo splitter tommorow :p

here photos of already done final stage prints and very first blue one, to give some idea of made chances:

final stages finger progress feat very first blue one (1).JPG final stages finger progress feat very first blue one (4).JPG

yours - jere

today i have printed parts for front, middle, ring and little fingers, i made small video which shows how i assemble powerfist finger modules :)

photo:

P1040057.JPG

video:

Last edited by a moderator:
started making powerfist shell and also got some backpack work done while ago, they are nice refreshment after countless hours of making powerfist fingers :D

shell is combination of couple of templates found online and my own mods at the moment... dont know what i am going to get out of it thou...
material used; bthin yoga mat

-jere

backpack started (1).JPG powerfist shell making (1).JPG powerfist shell making (2).JPG

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back