Doctor Strange costume (Benedict Cumberbatch version) question

Here are few more I took yesterday when my daughter was chosen as a volunteer.

987bd9afc753f2e7af1e9b3807081d83.jpg
70dc141b8797f14e5b01019a75203a24.jpg
63c3212c2dcaa99704e48d5f0974e711.jpg

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

I might make 2 eye bar versions then.

I just have a few things left to do, like make everything solid and join them together. The "bars" and "eye ball" will stay separate like before in case you want to print it yourself.

I was also able to get the "runes" engraved really deep into the model. They'll definitely show up nicely when blackwashed.
View attachment 654098

Beautiful! I'd love to give it a try!

Really enjoyed this thread and going through everyone's pictures! Sorry if I missed it, but where is everybody getting these awesome perspex magic runes done?

I do love what the Marvel costume designers did for Stranges cloak and costume. Also AMAZING work by the experts here. I can only hope to be near the talent level you guys are at someday.

Saw it last night. When the camp cam into play I thought, "Wow.....that is a really intricately detailed design." Fun movie.

That cloak looks great. Will you be publishing your work so others can learn and build a similar one? Will you be selling these?

Wow. Saw the movie, thought "Damn, I'd love a cloak" and spent the last page or two realizing how HUGE of a deal it is. Man I have enough trouble with a red Superman cape from the Reeve movies. This is insane amounts of detail, and you guys and gals have nailed it!

Amazing work, one and all!
Chris

I have a few questions. Exactly what fabrics are best for the tunic and cape? Links to the stores bought from? I have seen different fabrics pointed out, but I'm still not sure. Best fabric for the trimming on the cape? If I remember correctly, you can iron on a pattern on the cape with a metal plate. If that is true, where might I get one?

I would like to say thank you to everyone who has contributed ideas on this thread. I have made many detailed "blueprints" and designs for the Doctor Strange costume and plan on making my own later on when I have money and the materials needed. I am willing to post pictures of my "blueprints" if wanted, though I'm not close to being finished with some of them. Good luck to those still making their costumes!

I feel like I'm so late to the Doctor Strange cosplay party :( I've just started gathering my materials.... I've decided on getting white linen and hand dying it, since I can't seem to find the "perfect" blue shade. I'll post pics once I get that started. I'm also going to start 3d printing some of the items that everyone has so graciously shared, my husband has access to some 3d printers at work :)

Hey all, long time lurker! Thought I'd share my (somewhat budget) attempt that I wore at Supanova Brisbane (Australia). Also wanted to add my thanks to the list because no way would I have even dreamed I could do it without the inspiration and pioneering on this board. Cheers!

finished (20).png

I tried to take as many WIP photos as I could and I've started a separate (image heavy) build thread that I'll slowly be updating if anyone's interested. Giving back. :)

I got asked a couple times how I made the tunic. Whether or not this is the "screen accurate way" to do it, I'd need the real garment. But this is how I did it.

These are the basic shapes I used to make mine. Size wise, you'll need to figure that out. But the shapes are pretty darn accurate to my current tunic.

You need 2 of every shape, except the "back panel" (Need 4 shoulder pieces, or big enough to cover the interfacing). I doubled up my "skirt" panels to give it more body because the linen I used was pretty thin. Nice color, but too thin at 1 layer.
View attachment Strange_Tunic_Pattern.png

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back