Batman V Superman Grapple COMPLETE!!

13doctorwho

Master Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
I just started this 2 days ago. It's a model of the Batman Versus Superman grapple gun. I am working from the pictures in the Batman V Superman Technical Manual. The pictures of the props are excellent in this book, and allowed me to see some details I was unable to make out from other photos off the internet. Here is my progress so far. I may carve the handle out of wood and 3d print the rest. Take a look and let me know what you think!!

progress right side (flat).JPG

progress right side.JPG

progress left side.JPG

Last edited:
Re: Batman Versus Superman Grapple model UPDATED

Here is a little update.It's coming along pretty well. Take a look and let me know what you think.

grapple more progress right.JPGgrapple more progress dimetric.JPGgrapple more progress left.JPG

Looks great! Super detailed. Has anyone done one of these in metal?

I'm almost there! I am having a hard time getting the program to shape the handle. I may print the handle as is and shape it with a dremel tool. The other option is to not print the handle and make it out of wood. Here are some progress shots. Take a look and let me know what you think.

grapple almost there 01.JPG grapple almost there 02.JPG grapple almost there 03.JPG

Re: Batman V Superman Grapple Updated 4/24/2016

I would suggest hollowing the under barrel and putting it closer to the main barrel, almost clipping through it. Good job otherwise !

Thank you for your comments. I agree that the under barrel should be closer to the main barrel. In the pictures they look like they touch, but for the purpose of modelling I left some space so when I break it into parts it's easier. The under barrel will have pins that mount it to the top barrel in the final version

Looks great nice modeling, is it cool if I use this as a blueprint/reference when I build my grapple gun out of PVC and foam?

Gus

Feel free to use this as a reference for your own build. I recommend using the Batman V Superman Technical Manual book, that's what I used for reference.

Here is another update. I moved the lower barrel closer to the main barrel. There are a couple small details I still need to add, but I'm getting really close to finished!

grapple almost there 01-2.JPGgrapple almost there 02-2.JPGgrapple almost there 03-2.JPG

Thank you all for your comments. I have hollowed it out to reduce printing cost. I am in the process of dividing it into pieces to make printing easier and cheaper!

I like that its hollow, so I'll be able to put a dart in there. I mean... When you sell me one:thumbsup

Parts are on order! In a few weeks I should be able to start actual assembly!

Thank you to everyone who has taken the time to look, like or comment! I have finished modeling part 2, the actual hook. It's far from perfect, but I think it will look good with the grapple!! Take a look and let me know what you think.

BVS Grapple dart.JPG

It OPENS!!
BVS Grapple dart open.JPG

This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back