Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them... paper thread

I got mine from a UK interiors store called Ruby Roost, but they've already sold out!

They are branded as Monograph by House Doctor. Googling this brings up some promising results.

Those are the ones I found!

Just a small update regarding the fonts used not he travel permit denial form.

Ministry of Magic header seems to be in some for of Modesto (Condensed probably).

Application number and "pending" are Brothers OT.

I'm not sure whether different variants were used, or whether they just messed with the kerning/spacing, but I had to adjust some of them from one place they were used to another.

These fonts are really close, great find!

I've updated the file i've been working on. For the 'Name of applicant' I used Ferrum, it's close, but not it. The number of the article could be the same as used on the Blind Pig playing cards. The font I used for 'in line with article' is not close enough to the real font.

TravelPermitDenial.png

Now let's see how far I can get with the other document...

That's a great start, I've just finished mine (although the PENDING stamp is bugging me). The typewriter font is not close enough for me either...

IMG_0890.jpg

For "Name of Applicant" I used Birch Std, and I used Copperplate for "In line with Article 32". Just what I thought looked close though.

I used a different alchemical symbol on the application number, as I intended to create a form for my own character.

I also idealised the option boxes for the reasons for travel, as it was annoying me that the boxes on the left hand column weren't complete!

Hi all, a new teaser photo from the next film has been released. Seems like it's doing the rounds on Instagram, certainly MinaLima reposted it.

IMG_1013.jpg

Looks like we can expect a scene on Diagon Alley :)

The "and where to find them" strongly resembles the font Dyer Arts and Crafts, but if it is, it's been manually adjusted.

Last edited:
This looks great!

I'm quite glad to see we are getting more potter-styled props this time around.

The props from the first fantastic beasts felt way too 'muggle' in my opinion.

But I like waaay better what I have seen for the second one this far.

The font for "FANTASTIC BEASTS" is the same as MACUSA on the wand permit application envelope, which seems odd for being in Diagon Alley, London, not NYC, USA.

Thanks, AZSneed, that put me on the right track!

It's LHF Ohnimus Spiked | HEN

Although the one on the wand permit is a lot softer / less exaggerated, so perhaps the same font family?

I have made some progress on the Flourish & Blotts card.

It's a nightmare trying to work out proportions from an angled shot, the perspective means a lot of guesswork. I started by using the fonts on their default settings in Photoshop, this gave me rough proportions for everything else. Not very scientific I'm afraid.

I couldn't locate a border that matched the screenshot, so just using a different one as a placeholder at the moment. The pointing hand is not the same, and I hope I'm right in thinking those shapes are deer heads! I also had no idea what the shape in the bottom right corner might be :unsure

F&B2.jpgF&BPlan2.jpg

I'm foiling using a laser printer and a laminator, which is a whole other learning curve. It will never yield such delicate results as a professional setup, but I'm getting better!

Here's the screenshot for anyone who hasn't seen it already:

23116684_1480072498735039_3180407165326498755_o.jpg

Very nice! You got a great lighting on the pictures aswell.

As for the bottom - it might be the 'obscurus books' logo... just a wild guess.

Thanks nurmengard, the foil was quite a pain to photograph, particularly as I was trying to match the lighting from the screenshot. (I think the light source must have been softer)

Obscurus Books logo is a good guess. With only that smudge to go on so far, the logo does have heavier and finer parts at the right points...

Pocko wow the card is looking awesome :) and your foiling skills great as well! Can i ask, which fonts you used exactly?

Last edited by a moderator:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back