ROGUE ONE Jyn Erso - open build thread!

The pants look to be made from maybe Gabardine? Doesn't look heavy enough to be Canvas or Denium? And it seems to be the same fabric for the pants as for the jacket, based on this picture.
View attachment 612500
Yeah - I had a look at some gabardines in a fabric store today and they'd work well; it could also be a heavy cotton sateen. That can look quite matte once it's weathered.

Yeah - I had a look at some gabardines in a fabric store today and they'd work well; it could also be a heavy cotton sateen. That can look quite matte once it's weathered.

I hadn't thought of that. Also a possibility since her costume seems to contain mostly cotton fabrics. But considering the wide usage of Gabardine in men's pants, and her overall 'look', and the fact that I wouldn't have to weather it, I'm probably just going to go with Gabardine and call it a day.

Also - just so we have the info here too, CarpElgin identified the gloves as altered Black Diamond Stone climbing gloves. Based on the visible stitch work, I'm inclined to agree.

http://blackdiamondequipment.com/en_US/climbing-gloves/stone-glove-BD801851NTRLMD_1.html

801851_NTRL_Stone_web.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks for the info on the gloves! They are currently out of stock - hopefully will be restocked soon. It looks like the left glove has a circle cut out with two different colored leathers sewn in it' place while the right hand only has additional stitching added to it. Am I seeing that correctly?
LeftAndRight.png

Thanks for the info on the gloves! They are currently out of stock - hopefully will be restocked soon. It looks like the left glove has a circle cut out with two different colored leathers sewn in it' place while the right hand only has additional stitching added to it. Am I seeing that correctly?
View attachment 612654

Just google them. There's a few other sellers out there, some a bit cheaper. And yeah, that's what it looks like. But I kind of wonder if this is like what happened with Rey's costume and some of the pieces on display weren't exactly correct? But it's possible they put spandex in there or something for her right hand movement? Idk. Talking out my ass now. Anyone else have any thoughts?

I'm throwing together a quick costume for a local con here in Melbourne next weekend; going for leather riding gaiters (plus some extra straps and buckles) over my old "Mad Max" boots for the boots/greaves. To me it looks like some sort of gaiter over the top of a standard work book, but who knows! None of the shots have drifted far enough south to get a decent look :lol

Anyone got any idea what the long black greeblies on her vest might be? Or, more to the point, what I could use to replicate them?

Screen Shot 2016-04-09 at 12.38.03 pm.png

They used to be called shearers boots, kind of like a welders boot with the top flap to stop sparks getting into the laces. Some biker boots have that flap too - I'm interested in the ski boot style closure on the front strap. I think it would be hard to find a very good match, you'd have to find "close enough" then modify, if you were so inclined! :lol

The best matches for off-the-shelf I've found are

OTBT Fall River http://www.otbtshoes.com/collections/booties/products/fall-river-beige-black-otbt
Rossi 666 Shearer's Boot (womens) http://www.rossiboots.com.au/catalogue/detail/666-shearers-boot/work

Last edited:
Just google them. There's a few other sellers out there, some a bit cheaper. And yeah, that's what it looks like. But I kind of wonder if this is like what happened with Rey's costume and some of the pieces on display weren't exactly correct? But it's possible they put spandex in there or something for her right hand movement? Idk. Talking out my ass now. Anyone else have any thoughts?
Yeah, not that it means anything, but I did take a look at the cast photo and the left glove does look like it's only stitching. But like you said who knows what last minute changes were made.

leftglove.png

After about a month of google searches and staring at those boots, I'm leaning towards thinking the flap closures were either added to existing low lace-up combat boots, or the boots were custom.

The boots that go with Diego Luna's costume have very similar closures (two wide panels) but the boot construction itself is slightly different. (I need to pull up the images off my computer this afternoon.)

Laubi, posted a great set of photos from the toy faire in a different Rogue One thread. And there are some fantastic closeup photos of all of the costumes there. (Look in the SW-R1-HD subfolder for the high def ones.) -- These are all from that set.

Spielwarenmesse_060.jpg~original.jpgSpielwarenmesse_054.jpg~original.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

One more of the boots.Spielwarenmesse_055.jpg

Going to get cracking on that belt and holster setup immediately. Here comes a full day of clicking and pausing an HD copy of the video.

-Arcko

Have you seen a closure on that belt? I have been trying to figure it out myself

Dave

Yeah, not that it means anything, but I did take a look at the cast photo and the left glove does look like it's only stitching. But like you said who knows what last minute changes were made.

View attachment 612841

Do we think hers are the butter colored that have been weathered/dyed? Or do we think they're the black?

- - - Updated - - -

Have you seen a closure on that belt? I have been trying to figure it out myself

Dave

There's certainly not one on the front. unless those sets of rivets on her right are actually snaps and not just decorative?

EDITED:

Maybe not. That image of her from behind seems to suggest there's a clasp of some sort on her right side. And the rivets on the front arent' laying like there's two pieces of leather meeting there.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back