ROGUE ONE Jyn Erso - open build thread!

I found this picture, thought that some of you might like it if you haven't seen it already.

f82bfbe2efce535dde76c63143996a6a.jpg

Yeah I love this pic! Particularly the holster that suggests the leg strap is attached through two slits in some of the official pieces.
Although we had a discussion about it in the Stardust Sisters group, and one of the belt makers (Legendary Costume Works) said he saw another one with a rivet instead and that it will last longer that way.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I am glad to see there are still some people working on their Jyn projects even now there is no new costume information. With regard to her holster, there is an easy way to prevent a leg strap from tearing out the leather of the holster. First use a small hole punch to position the end points of the two slots in the holster. Then cut the "vertical" slot between the two holes. A simple cut slot may just keep tearing, the punched hole usually will not or at least takes a lot more abuse. You can then also decide if you also want to add a rivet to hold the strap to the holster between the slots. One caution, the rivet will prevent the leg strap from sliding and also limit the amount of "tilt" the holster can provide. You may wish to test fit your rig to get the right angle as having it strictly vertical may not look correct and will also make it more difficult to draw and reholster. Also cementing a thin scrap of leather over the inside surface of the rivet will prevent it from scratching or damaging your gun.

That's really helpful, thanks! I punched my rivet holes already, but didn't think about doing both.

And yeah, Stardust Sisters is still really active. Eadu Fever has taken off!

Can someone here make me an accurate Jyn Erso scarf/shawl? The one's I've seen on Etsy have mixed reviews and the Anovos one I ordered almost a year ago is apparently never going to ship.

*deep breath* OOOOkay. I'm about to embark on this journey, unfortunately I missed out on the anovos order so I'm going to have to stretch my sewing machine skills to the max (I have very little skills) first of all, i'm looking into all the parts I can 3D print, unfortunately, I can't find her two different comm links she has (plenty for sale on etsy, the $20 shipping to Australia makes me cry) I was hoping to purchase the file to 3D print here, if I can't find it, i'll have to learn 3D printing as well (ooohhh boy!)
Alan Tudyk is going to be at our local con in April and i'm super keen to wear Jyn there, hopefully i'll have her finished in time (poor Satele will have to be nudged back again)

Any help with this, i'd be eternally grateful

*deep breath* OOOOkay. I'm about to embark on this journey, unfortunately I missed out on the anovos order so I'm going to have to stretch my sewing machine skills to the max (I have very little skills) first of all, i'm looking into all the parts I can 3D print, unfortunately, I can't find her two different comm links she has (plenty for sale on etsy, the $20 shipping to Australia makes me cry) I was hoping to purchase the file to 3D print here, if I can't find it, i'll have to learn 3D printing as well (ooohhh boy!)
Alan Tudyk is going to be at our local con in April and i'm super keen to wear Jyn there, hopefully i'll have her finished in time (poor Satele will have to be nudged back again)

Any help with this, i'd be eternally grateful
Stardust Sisters on Facebook is pretty active and helpful, and I'm in the middle of organizing resources for both them and Rebel Legion, so check out both communities and feel free to share ideas!

Really close to completed, though I want to make a better, second version of nearly everything. A lot of it comes down to if I find better fabric options. I'm going to tweak my jacket color and try silk screening the stripes again, but, this is where I'm at so far. This was taken at Dragon Con.
You look amazing! Good job! ❤️[emoji177]

A little late to the game, but I am inspired to make up Jyn's Jedha variation. Already have the Frye Veronica boots ordered and fabric for the shirt. Based on recommendations here I bought the M7360 blouse pattern and will be working this week to add the suggested/necessary alterations. Wish me luck! All of you have done fantastic work:)

Hey all, just wondering if anybody managed to come up with a pattern for Jyn's Eadu Concho? I'm making a Mandalorian costume and thought it would look awesome, but 3d-wise I'm really having trouble working out how it all comes together

Last edited:

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back