Toronto Prop Expo

Only a few hours to go. Bringing a couple of working tricorders, a working phaser (so don't get in my way), and a working Medical PADD for the raffle table. Woohoo! This should be fun! Can't wait to see everyone again.

Nooooooooo it's already over :(

It was another great year so massive, MASSIVE thanks to the organizers and attendees for making it so much fun!

New location is great. Nice, big, very well lit rooms. A bit of a longer drive for me but it's probably a shorter drive for others.

My only disappointment is with myself for having so little progress to show from year to year. Seeing everyone else's great work and discussing it all is extremely motivating so hopefully next year I can finally deliver on all the things that I keep wanting to do! Can't wait for next year :D

Thanks for all your hard work, guys! I really had a lot of fun.

The new venue is excellent and really makes sense, considering the demos. Nice and bright, creative atmosphere. As someone driving in from Pickering, the drive is only marginally longer, particularly since it's so easy to go south along the 27.

I had a great time. I think it went really well. I'm very happy about how the demonstrations went. It was great to see lots of people enjoying the demonstrations with more focus because they were in a separate room with less distractions. I know a few exhibitors had concerns about leaving their tables unattended during the demonstrations but I can confidently say that we had enough people to watch over the tables. Plus, in the 6 years we've been holding the event, nothing has ever been reported missing.

The turnout was great. It was also a lot more enjoyable for younger children this year.

I appreciate everyone who has to commute from outside of Toronto. For people bringing lots of stuff, it takes a lot of effort to pack things up, transport them, set them up and then dismantle everything to bring back home. It's a labour of love though. At least it's just once per year. I've heard many people over the years say to me there should be more events like this spread out during the year. For me, I think 1 per year works best because it allows more time to finish projects.

I'd like to thank everyone for attending this year and hope to see you all again next year.

The Facebook site is most likely going to be the primary source of contact and feedback. Please continue to follow the Prop Expo via Facebook, or post freely into this thread.

~Andrew

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back