Nightwing cosplay help?

Nerdyhjarta

So I'm going to a con in August I wanted to cosplay of course. But I have run into a few problems.

Since I am a female most of the Nightwing cosplays are skin tight suit jumper things. I don't really want to wear a cosplay that is one thing unless there is no other way.
I also wear glasses to help me see from afar that I could get in black if needed. Contacts make me uncomfortable.

I don't know what I should do since I'm kinda stuck :(

Any ideas?
(I'm trying to do 3 diff cosplays a day to Loki, Harley Quinn, and Nightwing)

Many people will use the skin tight suit as a base, and build things on top of that, such as foam armor. A good example is what Dynamite Webber Cosplay (you can find him on Facebook) does with his suits. Below are what his suits look like; you can see the dye-sublimation one-piece suit, but with the armor built on top of it, it looks a lot better.

Dynamite-Webber-with-Tiger-Stone-FX-nightwing-mask.jpg

Nightwing is also a character that is very much up open to interpretation. I have seen people buy motocross armor and paint one of the many Nightwing symbols on it, or use a leather jacket and pads to create a very unpolished but tough looking version. It all depends on what you want to do, and then picking a direction and DOING IT. Getting started is usually the hardest part.

As for your glasses... if you have the money for it, you could purchase a second pair and build a craft foam mask on top of it, so that your glasses ARE the mask. If not, you could build yourself a mask and wear it underneath the glasses and just remove the glasses for photo ops.

Any interest in a "Disney Bound"/Casual Cosplay? You could do something similar to Barbara's redesigned Batgirl outfit, but with Dick of course. Leather/pleather jacket with Symbol, glasses instead of mask. Just a thought, totally understand if it isn't what you want.

I looked at the "Disney Bound" ideas I don't think it would work for me but it is a good idea though if I had to. The jacket might work in a way.

You also can try something like the suit ismahawk used in their Nightwing series, they covered foam with fabric for the upper armor and a simple cargo/combat pants with some holsters and pouches, looks pretty dope

I'm also working on a Nightwing cosplay and have the same problem with glasses for my mask. I plan on designing a custom mask out of black Worbla and actually inserting a pair of my prescription lenses between 2 layers of Worbla for a less bulky look. I hope to have it made in the next couple of weeks and will post the finished result here if anyone's interested.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back