Star Wars Anthology (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

I really want to like this comment, but the last sentence is preventing me from doing so.
The prequels are just as embarrassingly awful as the Disney fan-films.
No - they're even more embarrassingly awful, because they were made by "THE CREA-TOR!"

Please retract that last sentence so we can be on equal SWIQ footing again.
It's uncomfortable having a higher SWIQ than the guy who created SWIQ.

Remember, I didn't create SWIQ, I only identified it in nature and labeled it. SWIQ is an absolute, immutable force--like gravity, and electromagnatism,

As for which turd, The Last Jedi, or Attack of the Clones, stinks worse, don't get hung up on our differences. There is room at the bottom of the film rankings to disagree, without causing significant gaps in our SWIQs. Having said that, I will offer up the conciliatory concession that I MAY be suffering from some recency bias, when I rank the prequels higher than the latest three pictures. I confess, I have not seen any of the PT films in over a decade. But I do not remember disliking them the way I dislike Disney's trio of SW films.

I was on the ground floor of the SWIQ revolution from the start but am now having serious doubts.:facepalm

Why is that?

Your SWIQ has been suspect from the beginning, Mr Webber.

You both have high SWIQs. Again, our SWIQ likely won't diverge much based on differences we have about the lowest ranked films.

Never claimed to have one. You should try that. And dont be so over sensitive.:lol

Of course you have one. Every Star Wars fan has a SWIQ. Whether he realizes it or not.

The Wook

Why is that?

I wasn`t really serious. You had me sold way back when you very eloquently described in detail a long time ago in a thread far far away the moments when Lucas did in fact show moments of low SWIQ during his time as the overseer of the vast universe he created.

Till that point, I didn`t comprehend the criticism of him as the PT never really did and still doesn`t offend me that much at all but it did make realise that things weren`t as perfect as I had pictured them but to even compare the new stuff to his achievements, however flawed some parts may be is to me unfathomable, but hey, that`s just me. Never been that oversensitive as to get personal with fellow members over it though.

Last edited:
Dunno if you just missed it or have me on ignore... :p

Our world? Our BC era? Quite a bit, actually, for at least a while. Once we go back over ten thousand years, things start getting seriously murky, but we've reconstructed a lot, if one knows where to look for what's been written up. But it doesn't track. We're not talking post-industrial trying to dig back into pre-historical. In the GFFA, they've had advanced computers and been out in space for more than that long. A better -- but unanswerable -- question might be "what will they know about us, say, thirty thousand years from now?"

Yes and from a Jedi stand point, the speculative answer quite a lot is known before the rise of the Empire thanks to the Jedi Archive. So during the Clone Wars that should be the height of Jedi Power.
If not Obi-wan, then Yoda should know the majority of it.

The Sith arts are what would be in doubt and need of re-discovery.

I confess, I have not seen any of the PT films in over a decade. But I do not remember disliking them the way I dislike Disney's trio of SW films.
It's been close to 10 years for me, but I think I'd take attack of the clones over any of the new films if I was being FORCED to rewatch one now. If only for the scene when Dooku has Kenobi in restraints and confesses the entire plan. Really any film with Christopher Lee is preferable to any of the Disney films, I don't have high hopes for Kenobi.

It's been close to 10 years for me, but I think I'd take attack of the clones over any of the new films if I was being FORCED to rewatch one now. If only for the scene when Dooku has Kenobi in restraints and confesses the entire plan. Really any film with Christopher Lee is preferable to any of the Disney films, I don't have high hopes for Kenobi.

I would also choose AOTC over any of the new films--although not for the same scene you mentioned.

All 6 films that came after the OT offend my SWIQ, by committing a multitude of sins, each. (Even in ROTJ, but we'll keep it to the 6 for now.) However, there was a freshness in storytelling with George's prequels, that even if I didn't like the stories, they did seem new and creative.

With Disney's TFA, there was nothing new. A shameless carbon copy of ANH. With R1, I actually really liked the story, but the film was ruined by characters I didn't give AF about, and many other low-SWIQ elements. The two most compelling characters in the film were a robot and a CGI man--both of which I loved. The rest, sucked balls. (The only remaining exception being Vader's rampage at the end. But prior to that, Vader sucked in the movie.) TLJ? Hands down, no doubt about it--the most offensive, disgraceful, abomination of Star Wars storytelling and filmmaking ever created. There is not a single good scene in the entire fracking film. And what they did to Luke's character is downright criminal. I absolutely loathe Ruin Johnson, for this.

Yup, I rank AOTC, the worst of the PT films, and a really terrible movie, ahead of any of the Disney excuses for Star Wars movies.

The Wook

Last edited:
https://www.fanthatracks.com/news/f...production-filming-scheduled-for-spring-2019/

From Fantha Tracks:
In a Fantha Tracks exclusive we can reveal that studio based pre-production has officially begun on an Obi-Wan Kenobi Star Wars movie, and that filming will take place in 2019 for a 2020 release.

The long rumoured movie has never been officially announced, but a director (long rumoured to be Stephen Daldry) and a writing team, are understood to have been working on the movie since late last year.

However, our well placed source has seen sight of documents that confirm the following:

The project is sufficiently along that an art department is now in full pre-production mode at Pinewood Studios, England with ancillary work being carried out at Industrial Light & Magic in London. A number of concept artists, prop modellers, and storyboard artists are working as a team across the two locations on the film, with the group growing in numbers every month.

Contracts have also been extended to a number of crew who have worked on various Star Wars films produced at Pinewood under the Disney era, to join the production when their work on Episode IX ends. This will see the Obi-Wan crew grow gradually over the remainder of the year but primarily from October on wards.

Pre-production will continue at Pinewood whilst Episode IX shoots from this summer through the end of the year, at which point production of the Obi-Wan movie has been scheduled to move onto stages in mid January 2019 with the main shoot to begin in April of 2019.

The project is being developed under the corporate name of PLT Productions (UK) Ltd.

The scheduled release date is December 2020.

The documents do not reveal any details on casting, but keep your eyes on Fantha Tracks for more information on the production as we get it and hopefully official word on the production from Lucasfilm.

The news comes fives years to the day that Lucasfilm announced production of Episode VII: The Force Awakens would take place at the same location, Pinewood Studios.

Obi-Wan-Hello-08182017.gif

Dc4k7l6XUAEZafI.jpg:large

Dc4h7AtXUAAY_R7.jpg:large

I just really hope they don't go all Jedi crazy on this unless it's Prequel era. I love Jedi, but it would not make sense. I would like a Liam Neeson cameo (voice anyway) showing him talking to Qui Gon and learning the life preservation power. Apparently he could also talk to Yoda, or rather maybe Yoda to him. I'm not sure if Yoda could talk to the Rebels Jedi because he was more powerful or if any Jedi can do that over long distance.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/05...ng-between-revenge-of-the-sith-and-a-new-hope

http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/17/obi-wan-kenobi-star-wars-story-movie-plot-director-production/

The next movie in the 'Star Wars Story' franchise will feature Obi-Wan Kenobi -- but it ain't an origin story ... far from it actually.According to a newly released production bulletin -- obtained by TMZ -- Disney's next foray into their spin-off series appears to be called "Obi-Wan: A Star Wars Story," with a working title of "Joshua Tree." "Return of the Jedi" also used a code name ... "Blue Harvest."

The synopsis reads as follows ... Obi-Wan is on Tatooine being an elusive hermit and stuff, but secretly watches over an infant Luke Skywalker, whom he delivered to his uncle, Owen. Tensions between the local farmers and a tribe of Sand People -- headed by a ruthless war chief -- eventually brings Obi outta hiding ... and into Jedi kickass mode. Scene.

The bulletin lists Stephen Daldry as the director -- he'd been rumored to be in talks for the film, and now it looks like he's attached. The movie's shooting in London at a well-known 'Star Wars' studio, recently used for 'The Last Jedi.' Production is set to begin next spring.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back