Star Wars Anthology (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Re: Obi Wan Kenobi spinoff film..

Curious what tale people would expect?

He's not going to do anything major to effect the fate of the galaxy.
So the hermit years on Tatooine? Did he takes his eyes off Luke to have some adventure off Tatooine?
Some threat to Luke he had to deal with??? I guess that would be a fate of the galaxy task.

I dunnooooo... I'm thinking it's a lock.

- dodging questions...

- pinewoods looking around here for parts for the Obi Wan ep IV saber.

- We need to see who Obi knocks up to have Rey...

It's inevitable... and my kid will retire off my real parts kenobi saber... Cuz if you thought graflex prices went through the roof.

22280647953_18e89123fb_c.jpg

Curious what tale people would expect?

He's not going to do anything major to effect the fate of the galaxy.
So the hermit years on Tatooine? Did he takes his eyes off Luke to have some adventure off Tatooine?
Some threat to Luke he had to deal with??? I guess that would be a fate of the galaxy task.

The reality is most casual fans and new fans haven't given a lot of thought to Ben's hermitage in Tatooine. Us hard core fans have made a lot of assumptions about what we think happened but there is no basis for any of it, this is a blank slate and if they conceive of a great story that takes Ben off on some adventure, I'm ready to roll with that. You must unlearn what you think you have learned and let the Force of storytelling guide you. :)

Er, every movie doesn't have to deal with the fate of the galaxy. I'd love to see more Qui-Gon-Kenobi adventures. I'd love to know how Dumbledor got to be a powerful wizard. Stuff like that is great. Fleshing out the universe is great.

I really enjoyed the Kenobi novel. I'd like to see a similar story turned into a film.

It was really good. I'm inclined to think, though, they will want to go bigger having Ewan on board, the box office potential is too good.

Meh, another anthology movie that doesn't need to happen but if they ever do it, I'd at least like to see them do a more personal, introspective type of tale restricted to events on Tatooine. I still wish they'd quit needlessly delving into established characters and explore new ones like they originally said they were going to do. I guess it's easier to mine material from existing legendary characters than create new ones. Next I guess we'll see Yoda open a successful travel agency during his exile on Dagobah or something...;)

Er, every movie doesn't have to deal with the fate of the galaxy. I'd love to see more Qui-Gon-Kenobi adventures. I'd love to know how Dumbledor got to be a powerful wizard. Stuff like that is great. Fleshing out the universe is great.

That's what I'd want to see. Ewan is too old to pull that off now I'm thinking. I'd still rather see Obi Wan during the Clone Wars or something in that era. What are you going to watch him do between ROTS and ANH? Wander around the desert trying to eke out a living?

That's what I'd want to see. Ewan is too old to pull that off now I'm thinking. I'd still rather see Obi Wan during the Clone Wars or something in that era. What are you going to watch him do between ROTS and ANH? Wander around the desert trying to eke out a living?

True. I want to see HOW they became the bad arses they are

eh, another anthology movie that doesn't need to happen but if they ever do it, I'd at least like to see them do a more personal, introspective type of tale restricted to events on Tatooine. I still wish they'd quit needlessly delving into established characters and explore new ones like they originally said they were going to do. I guess it's easier to mine material from existing legendary characters than create new ones. Next I guess we'll see Yoda open a successful travel agency during his exile on Dagobah or something.

All in good time.

First they will do existing characters. They will introduce new ones during those movies. Then, once the public's reaction to new characters has been tested without risking $200 million on it, they will start doing movies about the new ones.

To judge everything from his reactions I'd say he definitely has had discussions about an Obi wan movie, but I don't think that Ray is related to him, he seems quite genuine when he denies any knowledge at all of where they are going with Obi in the new trilogy ( he looked dead shifty when it came to the meeting Katherine Kennedy question). I could easily see him in any number of adventures. Heres hoping!

I'd go see it if Ewan was in it, he did rather well considering the shoes he had to fill.

Since they've already brought Hayden Christiansen back for VIII, why not a Clone Wars era adventure with both of them? Or maybe a Heart of Darkness inspired solo mission?

The Kenobi book was great. Making a movie based off of that would be epic. Also, in other book series Ben does help out other Jedi in hiding and is "in communication" with them. Lots to do IMHO.

Sent from my LGLS740 using Tapatalk

I don't know,....do you think theres a possibility that Obi-Wan left Tattooine after leaving baby Luke with Owen & Beru,.....maybe returning to check up on him until settling there when Luke was perhaps 10?

J

Make it an organized crime story... Not focusing heavily on the Hutt's but the people working and dealing with them. Obi gets caught up in something... throw a girl (Rey's future mother) in the mix...

Ben running into Owen at a market or something while in the middle of the crime story ... "Why are you still on the planet?! Stay away from Luke!"

I want to see this movie.

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back