Star Wars Anthology (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Re: Star Wars: Kenobi

I've said this before,...& I know that the books (which are canon) say that Obi-Wan lives his days between ROTS & ANH on Tatooine keeping his eye on young Luke,......but I think it would be better if he were to leave shortly after ROTS and check in on Luke every now & again....only settling there when Luke was older

Also Bail Organa new his whereabouts,....so could it be possible that Obi-Wan possibly had some Rebel missions.....don't know,....I just think it's a waste of a character to sit tight for 17 years stuck on that planet

J
Although I do think it's best for him to stay as a hermit, I could certainly see him pulled off Tatooine because of unfinished business. (Like his daughter with Bo Katan!)

I could also see a story about him protecting the knowledge of Luke from getting back to the empire. Perhaps some bounty hunter connects the Dots and ObiWan has to make sure that it doesn't go any where. I'd love to see that Western play out

I'm fine with Obi-Wan leaving Tatooine on occasion & having a few more adventures. But NOT A LOT and nothing too close to ANH.

I don't want to see a movie backing up against ANH like Rogue One where it turns out Obi-Wan was just getting back home in Tatooine when Luke goes out chasing after Artoo. Obi-Wan was a "strange old hermit" and that means he was basically a hermit. Let ANH be the moment when he comes back out of hiding after many years. Just let it be that way.

I DEFINITELY don't think Obi-Wan should have any more interactions with Vader between ROTS and ANH. Certainly no in-person showdowns. In ANH they talked like they were just meeting again after ROTS. That's how it should be.

Doesnt Star wars rebels kind of give some detail about obi-wan. Don't want to go into detail or spoilers so i dont ruin it for any1 tho.

I think if someone were to put two & two together, figure out who Luke or Obi-Wan really are, then run to tell the info to the Empire, that'd be a fairly good reason for him to come out of hiding. Either have it take place on Tatooine as they try to get to a space port, or off world, with the idea that they don't want to transmit the info so someone else gets the credit/bounty.

We could then see him using the things we see in ANH, like the mind trick, & stealth skills he used on the Death Star, to hide in plain sight as he races to stop the info getting out.

I'd love to see a story like that.

I think there's all kinds of options out there for a story. You're talking nearly 20 years of time. There was bound to be some action going on in trying to locate Obi-Wan. If Vader took part in the ultimate eradication of the remaining Jedi then he would know or not if Obi-Wan was killed. I would think, as Vader, he would be hell-bent on finding Obi-Wan for what he did to him.

Something is there and I see the possibilities. Far moreso than I do this Han Solo film in production, but I'm optimistic and looking forward to that film as well.

I think of that moment in ANH Vader saying, "I felt something. A presence I have not felt since....." and I could see that being used for a Vader encounter with Obi-Wan shortly after his transition in this Obi-Wan solo film. No one said they never encountered and fought between ROTS and ANH. Theoretically this is very possible to work in. Perhaps Vader sent someone to help destroy Obi-Wan because he knows he's alive somewhere? It could happen....

Lucas said Vader would never return to Tatooine because it held bad memories. That's why it was a good spot to hide Luke. So no way.

It sounds like a lot of people are fine with throwing canon out the window for this. I don't get that at all. Obi Wan was supposed to park his butt on Tatooine and guard Luke and learn what Qui Gon was going to teach them. That's it. He wasn't supposed to run around announcing a Jedi is on the planet or leaving the planet. C'mon...

Lucas said Vader would never return to Tatooine because it held bad memories. That's why it was a good spot to hide Luke. So no way.

It sounds like a lot of people are fine with throwing canon out the window for this. I don't get that at all. Obi Wan was supposed to park his butt on Tatooine and guard Luke and learn what Qui Gon was going to teach them. That's it. He wasn't supposed to run around announcing a Jedi is on the planet or leaving the planet. C'mon...

sluis did you hear about the comic and vader returning to tatoonie and confronting jabba? i too thought like you, vader should NEVER step back onto tatoonie. this always ben and luke to stay safely hidden on the planet

this is my only real gripe with the new canon, vader stepping on tatoonie, and han cheating to win the falcon

Luke did know who old Ben was, just not much because of his uncle. But what if there were a part where Obi-wan did have to meet Owen and a young (like 5 year old) Luke.

Luke did know who old Ben was, just not much because of his uncle. But what if there were a part where Obi-wan did have to meet Owen and a young (like 5 year old) Luke.

the comics show obi wan's involvement with little luke and Owen. it also kinda explains why Owen doesnt like obi wan around

figured i'd post this here so if anyone wants to catch up with what ol' ben has been doing on tatooine

Star Wars issue 7: from the journals of old ben kenobi: "the last of his breed"
Star Wars issue 15: from the journals of old ben kenobi
Star Wars issue 20: from the journals of old ben kenobi
Star Wars issue 26: Yoda's secret war part 1
Star Wars issue 27: Yoda's secret war part 2
Star Wars issue 28: Yoda's secret war part 3

they have been real good so far, I've really enjoyed them

I never stated Vader goes to Tatooine. I said he has someone helping hunt him down. Where it would lead could be them meeting elsewhere for a showdown, but besides that whose to say Vader would go to to Tatooine anyway despite the Emperor's wishes? Maybe something damages him consequently and begins jogging a memory of sorts.... or emotions...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

I never read any of the comics or read any books. Are they considered canon?

yes, the star wars comics take place after ANH and before ESB. the darth vader series does the same, that series just ended and a new vader series is coming out in june, explaining how he makes his lightsaber. the vader series that just ended explains his suit, and explains the reasoning why we see him with less commanding power in ANH. i always wondered why vader obeyed tarkin, and was taking orders from him

the series that ended shows Vader's tests from the emperor, and how he proves himself to him. and the emperor giving him much more commanding power(dont forget this is right after ANH so the emperor is pissed his best officers and governors ALONG with vader let him down), so come the time of ESB we see vader calling all the shots

- - - Updated - - -

I never stated Vader goes to Tatooine. I said he has someone helping hunt him down. Where it would lead could be them meeting elsewhere for a showdown, but besides that whose to say Vader would go to to Tatooine anyway despite the Emperor's wishes? Maybe something damages him consequently and begins jogging a memory of sorts.... or emotions...

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

i under stand where your coming from. just me personally i liked the idea of vader never going back because thats where his mom died.

Odd thing about that is Luke's grandmothers grave is only a few meters away from the Lars homestead. Does he know his granny is buried there? Would they have told him?

Also. We never find out when or how Ben finds out that Anakin survived and is Vader. That could be a cool impetus for the story in the film.

Also. We never find out when or how Ben finds out that Anakin survived and is Vader. That could be a cool impetus for the story in the film.

Isn´t that explained in Rebels at some point?
Ahsoka finds out that DV is her old master, I haven´t seen the episode yet, though-

Here's a thought:

Vader and even Palpy may have folks out looking for Jedi that are left,you could have one show up and Ben has to both keep young Luke safe AND get rid of this person while NOT killing them yet you have folks like Jabba and countless bounty hunters around so while dealing with one you could have one or both of the others get their fingers in the pie and things get...a bit out of hand.

That could be entertaining and a possibility of what he dealt with all those years.

Odd thing about that is Luke's grandmothers grave is only a few meters away from the Lars homestead. Does he know his granny is buried there? Would they have told him?

i never thought of that!! that sure is a big plot hole now isn't it!! :wacko

Here's a thought:

Vader and even Palpy may have folks out looking for Jedi that are left,you could have one show up and Ben has to both keep young Luke safe AND get rid of this person while NOT killing them yet you have folks like Jabba and countless bounty hunters around so while dealing with one you could have one or both of the others get their fingers in the pie and things get...a bit out of hand.

That could be entertaining and a possibility of what he dealt with all those years.

i hope its kinda like what the comics have touched on. jabba is out of control with taxes and sending goons to beat up the lars family to pay. i would really like to see obi wan use the force in front of luke and owen, that why when owen mentions to luke in ANH. "he's just a crazy old wizard" it means the scene with kenobi using the force

i wouldnt want to see kenobi wielding the lightsaber the entire episode. i believe like many others the lightsaber was rarely ignited to keep his jedi identity safe.. unfortunately thats not the case in the comics... every chance he gets its ignited... :(

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back