Star Wars Anthology (Obi-Wan Kenobi)

Re: Obi Wan Kenobi spinoff film..

Yeah, but if you're not living with the kid and not allowed to see him, how much protecting can you really do? Was he just supposed to just sit in his hut for 20 years?

I don't want a just a bunch of adventures where all these different baddies land on Tatooine to kill baby Luke and Ben has to stop them.

Re: Obi Wan Kenobi spinoff film..

Yeah, but if you're not living with the kid and not allowed to see him, how much protecting can you really do? Was he just supposed to just sit in his hut for 20 years?

I don't want a just a bunch of adventures where all these different baddies land on Tatooine to kill baby Luke and Ben has to stop them.

Did you guys not see EP3? Yoda gave him training to do ;)

Star Wars: Kenobi

From Grant Davis (Pomojema) at starwarsnewsnet.com
Announcement for this expected at Star Wars celebration, April 13?

A while ago, we were told by Anthony Breznican that Lucasfilm seemed to be waiting to figure out if the Sequel Trilogy was going to use Obi-Wan before they wanted to greenlight a spin-off. Well, evidently, they didn’t have to wait that long. Your prayers have been answered, Kenobi bros:

Kathleen Kennedy and the rest of Lucasfilm fully intend to make an Obi-Wan movie set between Revenge of the Sith and A New Hope, with Ewan McGregor in tow.
Of the three projects, this is the one I was told the most about. It should also be noted that our source clarified the following:

I want to emphasize that it’s a movie, singular – not a trilogy.
There was a bit of confusion over this one, since some believed that the character would be getting an entire trilogy to himself because there were three different pitches being developed for the film. However, I’d like to stress that three different pitches do not necessarily denote three different movies – and, in some respect, that may be three more pitches than most other potential Star Wars movies have right now.

Who might be directing the film, you may ask? One potential candidate is someone already familiar with the Galaxy Far, Far Away:

Rogue One’s Gareth Edwards could be returning to the director’s chair, as Kathleen Kennedy was happy with his work on that film [Rogue One].

As of right now, Edwards is taking a well-deserved break from directing after handling the movie that launched the MonsterVerse (2014’s Godzilla) and the first Star Wars spin-off, and when he’ll return to doing another tent-pole is anyone’s guess. Since the movie doesn’t come out until 2020 at the absolute earliest, that gives him more than enough time to come back and even direct a “small” movie in the interim. But even if Edwards does return, our source told us that:
The team of producers and writers are going to be different than Rogue One.
Should this pan out, then one thing I hope for above all else is the possibility of a fight between Obi-Wan and a Krayt Dragon. Seems like it’d fit with how much Edwards loves giant monsters.

Lastly, the source told me that he thinks that an announcement for this one is forthcoming in the next few weeks:

An announcement of an Obi-Wan movie might just be one of the big surprises at Celebration Orlando.
And it’s not just a gut feeling:

This possibility is supported by the existence of a few materials that were made in conjunction with the event.
As it stands, at the end of 2015, there were four movies in the works at Lucasfilm: The Last Jedi and Han Solo in pre-production, Rogue One in production, and The Force Awakens in post-production. At the end of 2016, the same thing could be said with Episode VIII in place of The Force Awakens. It’s entirely possible that they’ll keep this pattern up until The Last Jedi actually comes out.

Re: Star Wars: Kenobi

I'm happiest about the different writers.

Some of the altenate rogue one stories and endings they released the last week or so were straight up ****ing ridiculous. There are ordinary Star Wars fans that could have written better ideas. These guys were getting paid for it and their ideas were worse than turgid fan fic.

Plus not delighted about Edwards directing again. He's not a character director. Not one fully developed character in rogue one. Too big a cast and hard to connect to any of them.
I'm doubtful they'd go with Edwards again. They got a second director in to try make a film out of the stuff he shot. Hello reshoots.
Give it to a proper character director. Someone with the chops. He's s great visual director. That only gets you so far. And I want an Obi Wan film with more substance than oh look more big visual shots.

I've seen it 4 times and I fell asleep through two viewings. I still can't name anyone but Jyn and Cassian (sp?)

Solid Characters are a MUST in this Obi... Ewan deserves a GREAT memorable fun film.

And also, someone should go on TV and tell what each part of Obi's saber is. In great detail. Heh.

I just wanna see the craziness when everyone tries to find those parts.

"Does anyone have a jet engine???"

NOT Gareth Edwards.

I know I'm in the vocal minority on this, but that was not Star Wars... and an Obi movie needs to be Star Wars.

You're not alone. Please no more hyper-caffienated directing from Edwards. Like already mentioned, this needs a character director, and especially someone who can take advantage of having Ewan on board.

Personally hoping we get some of Mos Eisley again.:)

Dave Filoni deserves to be the producer/writer on this film.

He's earned it.

And hopefully, we get some Mandalore with Bo Katan.....And Sabine Wren

Star Wars: Kenobi

I'll be in the ultra minority. :facepalm: Nooooo, why do we have to have add'l films and pothole filling with all the SW (1977) characters? What next, a Owen and Beru movie (maybe he was a BAMF, just not when we first met him)?

How about Biggs, and Wedge? How'd they get into the Rebellion.

MacGregor was clearly getting bored by SW ROTS ... we're going to subject him to even more?

I'll continue groaning until they announce a Porkins spinoff movie. At that point, I'll throw up my hands and say, "sure, wth, hose us with as many SW vehicles and toys as you want, I don't care any more." Just as long as they release the original trilogy films' theatrical/Laserdisc versions on BD. Please just give me that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I'll be in the ultra minority. :facepalm: Nooooo, why do we have to have add'l films and pothole filling with all the SW (1977) characters? What next, a Owen and Beru movie (maybe he was a BAMF, just not when we first met him)?

MacGregor was clearly getting bored by SW ROTS ... we're going to subject him to even more?

Ewan has said repeatedly recently he's game for it.

I like the idea. Not sure who would be the best director, but I would like to see Ewan with some good material.

How about Biggs, and Wedge? How'd they get into the Rebellion.

I'll continue groaning until they announce a Porkins spinoff movie. At that point, I'll throw up my hands and say, "sure, wth, hose us with as many SW vehicles and toys as you want, I don't care any more." Just as long as they release the original trilogy films' theatrical/Laserdisc versions on BD. Please just give me that.

To be fair, we DID get an episode of Rebels dedicated to Wedge and Hobbie defecting to the Rebellion. ;)

This thread is more than 5 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back