Budget Lawgiver Build

MegaLEGOFilms

Hey Guys, so I'm making a display for all of my prop helmets that will have the helmet and a cool prop from the character. Since one of the helmets is going to be a Dredd 2012 helmet, I figured the lawgiver would be a good prop to go alongside it. To start I picked up a $4 toy glock from Wal-Mart. The slide is too short and the barrel is huge, but those will be hidden anyways. I also sized and printed out a template i found here, but I just want to ask to be sure, is the lawgiver supposed to be massive? It just feels a little big compared to my hand, but i can't scale it down due to the gun. Does 10 and a quarter inches from tip of barrel to back of gun seem right? Thanks for any help. Here's a picture of the toy gun I picked up (the template is on standard A4 paper):
IMG_2185.JPG

Awesome!
That's the same gun I used to build my Lawgivers. I just measured my version and it came out at 11.375 inches. I have no idea what the actual prop measurements were, but here's a pic of the gun in my hand to show scale. Hope this helps!
IMG_3475.JPG

Awesome!
That's the same gun I used to build my Lawgivers. I just measured my version and it came out at 11.375 inches. I have no idea what the actual prop measurements were, but here's a pic of the gun in my hand to show scale. Hope this helps!
View attachment 609297

Awesome! Wow... That looks a lot better than mine is looking... I'm thinking this is going to be like a version 1 and then I'll get another one of these guns and do a version 2, maybe version 3.

I bought the .stl files from Planet Replicas and spent a long time (months) cleaning them up and converting them into shapes I could cut from mat board and assemble. DREDD 3D: Dredd X 2 is my costume build thread. There's a pic on page 2 with all the sub-assemblies before I glued them together. I was hoping to do a much cleaner version, but I was aiming for a deadline (which I missed by a long shot) and I rushed the final assembly and painting.

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back