Ken's Moebius TOS Raider

Tordoc

Sr Member
Now that I've finished my Salzo Galactica and my Randy Cooper Star Destroyer, time for a quick and easy project:

0024_zps2f6635a0.jpg

Attachments

• 0024_zps2f6635a0.jpg
    0024_zps2f6635a0.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 182
Last edited:
Next, I modified the cockpit shroud to accept amber lighting and to more closely resemble the studio model I wish to represent:

IMG_6126.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

Modifications for engine lighting:

IMG_6114.jpg

IMG_6116.jpg

IMG_6113.jpg

IMG_6115.jpg

I created a light box surround the exhaust port. I cut some card and scored it:

IMG_6118.jpg

IMG_6119.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

IMG_6117.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

cut a hole for the battery box:

IMG_6125.jpg

Filling some dimples in the plastic:

IMG_6127.jpg

IMG_6128.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Mini red solo cups will hold five 5mm blue flicker LEDs each. I lined them with foil:

IMG_6122.jpg

IMG_6123.jpg

Had i known that they would have done that with the louvers on the cockpit, I would have taken those strips off before sending them a sample. . I did not expect them to back fill those in. One other little funny thing to look for is that there is a little vent on the leo decking between the back engine louvers, it's a casting vent that i failed to clean off on the sample i sent them.

Are you not putting the leo parts on the side of the cockpit deck? Or just filling those holes for light leak?

I'm not using the leo parts on the sides of the cockpit deck. They are only in 1 reference photo I have and I like the clean look on the reference photos I see without them.

That kit brings back memories....leased I think it was that kit... It was the 80s!! Love the lights, yes ld weather it more...

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back