Leathernext vs. Reelimages Dredd leathers? Pros, Cons and Preference?

flyingeye

Hello Everyone

I am in the process in putting together my Dredd cosplay costume. I was wondering when it comes to the leathers, what company do you prefer? Reelimages or Leathernext? Looking for opinions, Pros, Cons, preferences as well as experience with either company's leathers for the Dredd Cosplay costume.

Thank You for your help and information.

Brian

I made the mistake of going with another company called leathersjacket.com (spelling mistake intentional) and I'm stuck with a horrible judge jacket - I went to leathernext because they were able to sell parts readily as well as a full set. They had the shoulder armor made up specially and shipped no problems - except they wouldn't give me the registered post number for me to track (despite the fact that it was sent registered post!) I would deal with them again

I've only had experience with Leathernext and I can't complain. All I bought was the Gloves and the collar and both are very nice and they arrived way faster than I was expecting.

No complaints from me about Leathernext, they even phoned to confirm my sizes. When the leathers arrived they fitted perfectly & they have given good service ever since. Same with the gloves & boots I bought off them. I'll be buying a set of leather for my Cadet some time this year. My experience of Reelimages wasn't as smooth,i eventually got the vest I ordered but by then i'd already built myself a vest which I kept out of preference. I was promised a second quarter delivery on my vest by Reelimages {I ordered in January a couple of years back} & it was just in the last quarter before I received my vest. The not knowing & vague replies don't make for a happy buying process & from what I hear it hasn't changed much recently.

I have a Reelimages setup with Leathernext boots. The RI suit and armour is directly based off of production made armour. Kurt, the guy who is RI, actually got original pieces from the production and also got to look at the Dredd vest (the one with the punched in eagle), so all his vests are 99% bang on. He was let down by production when he first did the runs.

I actually had a bad interaction with Leathernext. I was going to order a pair of their boots and they insisted that a size 46 would fit my size 13 US feet. Nope. So now I've gotta move the boots before I can afford to pick up a correctly sized pair. I also have a pair of their V.4 gloves. Not bad at all.

I could not find ReelImages. .. plus heard some pretty bad things.. can you help me finding a retailer who does not charge 600 GBP for a jacket and pants?

This thread is more than 7 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back