Luke Skywalker ANH Droid Caller Questions

Psab keel

Legendary Member
RPF PREMIUM MEMBER
So I'm reaching out to all of you Droid Caller experts with a couple of questions.

1. Does the Luke ANH version have a clip (the piece with a D-Ring that was used on Luke's ESB Saber) or no?

2. Is the D-ring on this Droid Caller attached through the Bulb Lens Cover?

I haven't been able to find any reference photos that answer these questions definitively and knowing how detail oriented my fellow RPF'ers here are, I know you will have the answers I seek.

Thank you!

Psab Keel

Im not an expert but I believe the Luke ANH had the clip through the test bulb cover. It also has a stepped top not the gradual like the Han.

I'm sure someone with more knowledge will chime in. Did you check PartsofSW?

Its funny you post this, I'm working on mine now, I found a projecter at work and have a theory (probably wrong) that the dome on top may be a lens from the projector.

I did check the Parts of Star Wars site and their Facebook page. From what I gather, the D-ring was through the test bulb cover. I just picked up a test bulb cover solid replica with D-ring on ebay that will replace my original bulb because I'm afraid to drill through the original and crack it. Plus when I troop, it will likely be more durable.

The thing I'm really curious about now is if the clamp that was used for the Luke ESB saber D-ring was on the Luke ANH droid caller or not.

For my dome I'll be using a chromed drawer handle with roughly the same shape as the dome on the original prop. I got the idea from another member here on the RPF (if I recall correctly) but I don't remember who exactly it was so whoever you are please forgive me for that! Lol.

I did check the Parts of Star Wars site and their Facebook page. From what I gather, the D-ring was through the test bulb cover. I just picked up a test bulb cover solid replica with D-ring on ebay that will replace my original bulb because I'm afraid to drill through the original and crack it. Plus when I troop, it will likely be more durable.

The thing I'm really curious about now is if the clamp that was used for the Luke ESB saber D-ring was on the Luke ANH droid caller or not.

For my dome I'll be using a chromed drawer handle with roughly the same shape as the dome on the original prop. I got the idea from another member here on the RPF (if I recall correctly) but I don't remember who exactly it was so whoever you are please forgive me for that! Lol.
Did you ever find out if that D-ring bracket (ESB part) is on Lukes ANH droid caller?

I was never able to confirm it's absence, but I still suspect that it was missing from Luke's droid caller in ANH.

I was never able to confirm it's absence, but I still suspect that it was missing from Luke's droid caller in ANH.
Its really hard to tell but in this POSW photo you can see a raised part here. Maybe they painted it black with the bottom of the flash and it just blends in. what do you think?
Untitledgfr.png

This thread is more than 6 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. This thread hasn't been active in some time. A new post in this thread might not contribute constructively to this discussion after so long.
If you wish to reply despite these issues, check the box below before replying.
Be aware that malicious compliance may result in more severe penalties.
Back